The Road I Choose....

The Road I Choose....

A Story by Amanda Worthington

   Unbelievable. Why should the girl in front of my get the pony at the fair instead of me? The worst girl at school to make things worse. The only reason she got it was because her daddy paid for it instead of fairly winning it like the rest of us were trying to. Little six year old me was thoroughly upset by this incident and begged my parents to go home.
   I went through elementary school, middle school, and high school with that girl. She never knew she took the think i wanted most. But she tormented me in other ways. She publicly and privately humiliated me. She made me the outcast while she made herself popular. However, It was only ever me she did this to. For some reason I was on her hate list. I used to be a goody two shoes despite her. But darkness burns in every heart.
    It's been five years since I dropped out of high school. She's a model now and engaged to a millionaire. I keep track of where she is. Who she's going with. Because I've been planning something for her, refining my plan over and over again for a night like tonight. 
    She's going to a club five blocks away from my little apartment. There'll be low music, lights, and lots of alcohol. Sure, lots of people. But by the time I show up they're all going to be drunk. For right now i'm sitting and waiting. Impatiently waiting. 
    The guards outside the club doors aren't there and i think about just walking in through the front doors. But I go with my original plan and go around back. I pick the lock of a back door and quickly glance around before letting myself in. The hallway I walk down has several doors. All closed and sounds emitting form some of them. I enter the main room and quickly see her dancing close to the wall. Her and her partners won't be hard to take out. 
    Within fifteen minutes I am running down the sidewalk. By tomorrow morning I'll be out of the country. I'll  be the FBI's most confusing case. Because they'll never catch me.       

© 2014 Amanda Worthington


Author's Note

Amanda Worthington
not one of my best pieces I think. Tell me how you like it. If you don't like it tell me what I could do differently. The basis of this was written in my creative writing class.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on March 23, 2014
Last Updated on March 23, 2014
Tags: sadistic approach, short story

Author

Amanda Worthington
Amanda Worthington

CA



About
Why do I write? Because I want my opinions and my thoughts to be known. I want to make other people feel what I do. I love it when it's just me and my characters, late at night with no one to interrup.. more..

Writing