My Vessel

My Vessel

A Story by Amanda Worthington

    She always walked home and lived alone. She had no family in this small town and nobody really knew her. She was a quiet young women with so much life to go. Beautiful brown hair and bright brown eyes. But nobody really told her that. Nobody really talked to her. They didn't tell her what they thought was obvious. 
    So she started talking to me. With no one to share her ideas with she started sharing them with me. In her loneliness she talked out loud to me. She let me play in her head and take over her life. I never shot down her ideas. I encouraged her when she started realizing just how despairing her life looked to be. I encouraged her ideas of solitude. I became her best friend. The one she started going towards when her life was bleak and hopeless. 
    I noticed slight changes in her every now and then. She smiled a little less. Her eyes lost that sparkle. She tried to blend in with the shadows. I showed her the broken road she was to travel while whispering to her "you're going down the right road" every night. I told her this while putting the small doubts that come up every now and then when someone knows their doing something wrong but they don't want to admit it. 
    There were days I was quiet and let her enjoy her life. I watched through her eyes as she talked to people and read their thoughts through their eyes and gestures. They knew about me. They knew my grip on her. they knew my influence I had on her. I watched them try to undo my doings. I quickly tied me knot around her tighter every night. She was my vessel. I grew stronger while she was under my influence. I thrived on her solitude and loneliness and sadness.
    There were many times when my grip slipped. When she was the stronger one. But as the months wore and the battle got older; I got stronger. I engulfed her mind, her life. I became her obsession. Something she could not escape. 
    None of my human vessels can hold me for long. She brought out the gun hidden in the attic after the battle had been lost. I left to find my next vessel without so much as a second thought.   

© 2014 Amanda Worthington


Author's Note

Amanda Worthington
I've never written something like this. Never in this style before. Never this topic before. So I'm a little nervous about posting it. But tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on March 26, 2014
Last Updated on March 26, 2014
Tags: suicide, loneliness, solitude

Author

Amanda Worthington
Amanda Worthington

CA



About
Why do I write? Because I want my opinions and my thoughts to be known. I want to make other people feel what I do. I love it when it's just me and my characters, late at night with no one to interrup.. more..

Writing