A Place To Lay Her Head

A Place To Lay Her Head

A Story by WritingAnchor
"

"She polluted her sanctuary with a sinful mind and twisted tongue."

"

A Place To Lay Her Head 

 

 

            At night her body soars through the darkness looking for a place to lay her head. She polluted her once sanctuary with a sinful mind and twisted tongue. The love she lost was her undoing, for now she spends her days lost in her mind.

 

When she lays down her body soars through the darkness looking for a place to lay her head. Her one true friend, serotonin, left her at an incredibly cruel age. Oh how she wishes he would come back to her and ease her wicked mind. But for now she returns to the dimly lit corner as the voices keep her company. 

 

When she lays down her body soars through the darkness looking for a place to lay her head. It's far to loud when she wakes, though she still lifts her head from the unfamiliar pillow and departs in search of a new meaning.

 

When she lays down her body soars through the darkness looking for a place to lay her head. Tonight, she prays because the amount of snowflakes that falls in her brain. Tonight she prays because there is silence.

 

As she closes her eyes her body soars, though tonight she is met with a light. An out reached hand that encases her and reveals to her fields of roses. The fog that clouds her brain vanishes and she is left feeling anew.

 

That night when her body soared though the darkness, she found a place to lay her head.

© 2016 WritingAnchor


Author's Note

WritingAnchor
Any and all feedback is appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A beautiful and lyrical work. The repeating lines strengthen the theme of the story. Very good. It seems appropriate since it's 2:26 AM. There are a few minor technical problems. You might want to do another revision. This is an enjoyable read. You are very talented.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 7 Years Ago


WritingAnchor

7 Years Ago

Thank you, I appreciate your kind words and input.
This is beautiful. It makes me want to paint. But it also makes me sad in a way. This is excellent work.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 7 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 10, 2016
Last Updated on September 29, 2016
Tags: short story, poetry, poem, mature, drug use, emotional, meaningful, love, loss, mental illness, sad, tragic, religious, religion, new story, original, dark, light