Heaven of My Soul

Heaven of My Soul

A Poem by Sheila Kline
"

As a spirit filled with anguish leaves the past behind, it journeys on to find comfort in a place that brings healing and renewal.

"

HeavenOfMySoulPoemWC

 

 photo 4ebf3a72-ddec-4e08-9449-de8eed701125_zpsf3313575.jpg

 


 

 

 

 

 

   

© 2013 Sheila Kline


Author's Note

Sheila Kline
HEAVEN OF MY SOUL

Crossroads loom as I labor to meet a vital goal.
Walk I a path of choice to seek the Heaven of my soul.
This revered place will grant respite as calm is increased.
Anguish and torment of past shall blessedly be released.

In the Heaven of my soul, healing graces my cheek,
Given with compassion as freedom of worries I seek.
Serenity illuminates darkness with purity of light.
Discord’s shadow flees as lamps of angels shine ever bright.

My spirit journeys to find the Heaven of my soul.
On angel’s gossamer wing, I soar onward to my goal.
In vast rivers of sorrow filled with tears of my pain,
Troubles are washed away as peace in my spirit I gain.

Soothed now am I from tragedies of life,
Sweet comfort has mitigated recollections of strife.
Banished are onerous concerns as hope is conceived.
Bondage is eradicated from a past I’ve long grieved.

Splendid realm of consolation, my past I erase.
The Heaven of my soul is my home of eternal grace.
Bliss brings a dance of liberty forever divine.
Shielded from midnight thunder, tranquility is now mine!

Sheila Bowyer Kline

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow.. such a wonderful journey into oneself.. brilliantly written with a passionate insight pouring so passionately from one's heart, soul and mind. Self discovery is such a beautiful thing .. it brings about so many hidden deep emotions that when embraced and used creatively can redirect oneself to a better world unto oneself.. there is good and bad throughout the world and in every human... part of our carnal nature.. everyone has strengths and weaknesses which you have painted an awesome picture of who you are within ... battling a life of strife like so many.. loved the whole writing especially the line:

And celestial clouds join me in a dance of relief for my troubled mind.

There are many other lines in this writing that touch.. but I get a vision of a beautiful womanly silhouette dancing on clouds with that line.. lol.. great flow and imagery.. truly a piece of work I am saving to favorites! =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

One of God's ways of reaching us is through our deepest selves. No one can show us our weaknesses or our strengths better than He can..He is always there, He never leaves nor forsakes us..God bless..valentine

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is amazing writing! You take the reader away from the world for awhile to a place of incredible peace. I just loved it!

Eskimo Proverb: "Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy."




Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this writing so much, You put into words what most of us are dreaming about. I can feel the awesomeness of the peace you are surrounded by, thank you my friend for sharing your talent with us. God Bless you.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You have such a flair with poetry.
How you join words & how you evoke such feelings in the reader with your imagery.
The rhyme scheme was also wonderful & you used it do great effect.
A beautiful write & as usual, one filled with upliftment for the weary soul. A signature mark of your poetry.

Yours truly,
cloud6

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You had me from the title Sheila..Exquisite message and amazing writing!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It certainly has your special touch. *smile* Finding the heaven of one's soul is quite a long and challenging journey. Many people (perhaps most?) never get to that special place. I'm really happy to see that you seem to be so well on your way. =) Thank you for sharing.



Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Absolutely beautiful Sheila...you've achieved what so many of us can only dare to strive for...complete serenity and contentment with who and what we are today.

You are fortunate indeed to arrive at that place in your life...it is what we all are striving for, and rarely attain.

Loved this Sheila!

Bea

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A most inspiring piece so beautifully penned in everyway

Thanks for sharing your lovely verse!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

And may it be so--you've earned it. Very nice, Sheila.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Simply beautiful. I am amazed how your words flow so gracefully and well put. great job, I always enjoy reading your work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

354 Views
23 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 17, 2009
Last Updated on March 31, 2013
Tags: Peace, Renewal, Comfort, Healing, Instrospection

Author

Sheila Kline
Sheila Kline

WV



About
I am a Poetess of Multiplicity who also enjoys genealogy research, current events, folk ballads and Irish/Celtic music, and I am a grand lover of dogs! I strive to live by the philosophy o.. more..

Writing