Apprentice -- Chapter 3

Apprentice -- Chapter 3

A Story by Sarah

 

                Days have gone by and no sign of the demon girl. I find it very strange that she would leave with such an impact and not show herself. Throughout the day, every corner I turn, I always expect to see her slender silhouette standing there, just waiting for me. Yet, nothing. Im starting to think it really was my imagination all along.

Walking into lunch, I spot her; sitting at a table completely alone. Her isolation doesn’t surprise me. Just by the way she dresses and presents herself makes her seem almost as a threat. But not to me. Ignoring the lines for food and anyone I seem to walk past, I am at her table in a few swift motions. Without even looking up at me,  I can see she has something of a smirk on her face.

“Who are you? And what do you want from me?” before I could even filter what I was going to say, I just blurt it out. I didn’t mean to be so up front but I want answers.

She lifts her head slowly and our eyes meet. She is the girl I met a week ago; green eyes, small body, pale skin. She is the angel girl once again. I try to ignore her immense beauty and the sudden charm she seems to have.

“Whatever do you mean?” Her voice is as clean and pure as the fire snow of the season, as sweet as honey. I almost feel my mouth water at just the beautiful notes her voice produces. I try to reply to her. In fact, if I could, I would start screaming in her face to leave me alone and to stop playing these mind tricks. But the thought of how soft her lips look, how magically they would form to mind to create a perfect harmony takes me over. I am completely under her spell.

She waits patiently, that ever present smirk on her face as though she knows exactly what she is doing. In one swift move, she is to her feet. She nods and then she is out of view. Okay, that definitely did not go as planned. All I got out of that was no answers and a new deadly want for the girl. How can I want someone so much, yet I know absolutely nothing about her? Suddenly, the only answer I now wanted was when I was going to see her again.

I didn’t see her at all for the rest of the day. She was probably avoiding me at all costs due to my creepy, stalker like actions at lunch. Or maybe she is planning another one of her unreal attacks. Whatever the case may be, I need to mentally prepare myself for what lies ahead, because with my angel girl, you’ll never know.

Deeply in thought and absentmindedly putting my books into my locker, I hear that pixie like voice that I sometimes crave so much. Demi steps out from behind my locker door with a pleasing smile on her face. She looks oddly happy. I will get to the bottom of that as well.

“Patty Patty Patty! Guess what?” she is almost jumping out of her skin. This slightly worries me.

“Hmm,” Was all I could answer? I hope for my sake I at least have somewhat of expression on my face.

She is giggling too much to tell me what has gotten her so giddy.

“I made a new friend today.” I am completely out of my thoughts now and I just give her a look. That was what was making her that happiest I have ever seen her? Then it hits me. No. I can’t be. Angel girl wouldn’t do that, right? I mean, she already went for Demi in her own home. Theres no possible way she would try to get her at school.

“Oh really? Who might that be?” I am just waiting for the answer that I so desperately do not want to hear.

“Her name is Skye. I think she is new here, although I haven’t seen her around much, she has apparently been here for a week. Do you know her?” Do I know her? I wonder… “She has these amazing green eyes that I would kill for and this black hair…” I have officially droned out Demi at this point. She is describing my angel girl perfectly.

“Oh. No, I don’t believe I know her.”

That wasn’t technically a lie because it’s true; I don’t know anything about angel girl-Skye I guess I should start calling her.

Doing my homework is becoming very tedious so I just push it aside; flopping onto my bed. Skye has been on my mind constantly since Demi told me she had become friends with her. Is it really just going to be a friendship or is Skye planning something dark and dirty? I really need to just sit down and get some information out of this girl. The sound of my mothers voice takes me off guard. Who is here at 10:30 pm? I don’t mind company, but at this late hour? Something seems…off. I slowly make my way down the stairs and it feels as though someone has just sucked the air out of lungs and left me breathless. Angel girl-Skye- is standing in my kitchen, conversing with my mother. What in the hell is she doing here? Talking to my mom? I stand and listen for a few minutes.

“Please take these, Ms. McCarthy. I made them special just for you and Patrick.” Theres that sweet as honey voice again. Im not letting it take me this time. i continue to listen.

“Thank you, my dear. These are lovely. What did you say your name was again?”

“Skyler. But I do enjoy going by the name of Skye.” Skyler…it just rolls through my brain on repeat like a catchy song.

“What a lovely name.” at this point, I know very well something is being planned. She is now friends with my best friend and bringing my mother a nice house warming gift. I have no idea what to think.

I’m sitting on the stairs as they advance toward the door. With a sweet goodbye to my mother and a gentle nod towards me, she is gone; completely out of sight. I sit in silence as my mother raves on how sweet the new girl is and how we should invite her family to dinner one night. Something tells me there wouldn’t be many people attending that.

I make my way back up to my bedroom and the air is stolen from my lungs once more as I see her. She is standing in the doorway of my bathroom, leaning against the doorframe. She still has her angel girl look, but she seems disturbed by something. I finally have her in a room alone, I am making my move and I am getting answers once and for all.

© 2011 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on December 18, 2011
Last Updated on December 18, 2011

Author

Sarah
Sarah

About
My name is Sarah . I am going to be on the New York Best Seller list one day . I Like to write about everything , mostly fiction . i write anything from poems to novels. Read my Stuff , I Enjoy fe.. more..

Writing