Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
How to have an awesome time in school

How to have an awesome time in school

A Story by Darkblushedink
"

School life won't return so how to manage the hectic schedule and extracurriculars and friends........ Lets see!

"

 

 

Most people have bad and good times in school which remain in their memory forever. Sometimes school can get hard when you have to take long notes, write entire essays, give multiple tests and help out some person with their studies and cram extra curriculars in your schedule. These tips are effective ways of managing school life and remaining on top of activities and making great friends and feeling energetic.

 

·        You bag is your life saver: A bag is the most important thing next to a locker and if organized properly with some fun accessories in it can make up a great day. Keep a file with two to three compartments. In one compartment fill all your worksheets and homework making sure that you put the ones with due dates closer at the front. Keep your circulars, date sheets or any other sort of loose sheet in the other compartment. Keep a bundle of loose paper in the last one if necessary. Filter out your bag in a month or so. In a side pocket or any other small pocket, keep an extra pen and pencil and a pack of sticky notes. While taking notes in a register keep the notes near you to write down abbreviations and questions which you can later ask the teacher. In another pocket keep highlighters and a rough pad with a calculator.

·        Keep interesting things in your bag: A pack of candy and a bag of crisps is must. You can also keep a packet of markers for the notes you take to make them vibrant and interesting, as you take them you’ll have fun resulting in you remembering more precisely the facts you wrote down. Keep eatable stuff and different types of pens and pencils with you along with a lip balm.

·        A school time capsule: This is one of the coolest things to make while free. Take random pictures of students and with markers write comments on them. Take a test you’ve aced and a test which you didn’t do good on. Your school Id pictures, a schedule of what your friends and you do throughout the day and an old certificate and  a teachers picture and put it in a cylindrical box, if you don’t have it make it with a card sheet and put all these pictures and stuff into it. Once sealed with all your memories during the last school years put it in you locker so that when another student gets the capsule he tries his best to open it.

·        How to prepare a speech at the last minute: Just found out you have to give a speech the next day and the topic is weird and your reputation depends upon it. Sit in a quiet corner with fresh air and start writing a rough draft. First in points write down all you can think of in single words. Then make a fairer draft with proper sentences. As you do this more ideas will pop into your head so write them down in the corner. Once done with your draft see where the new points can fit in. Then write a new draft. Once done go infront of your mirror and try to speak all the points out connecting one with the next. In this way practice saying and relating the point in a confident manner and then proceed to practicing a full speech with the draft. Practice it as many times you can trying to make it sound interesting thinking you are teaching that to a kindergartener.

·        How to become the apple of your teacher’s eyes: During the time a teacher gives her lecture nod and say words like ‘obviously’, ‘okay’, ‘okay fine’ say these words like you just realized something except for obviously…use that in a jolly way saying as if what the teacher is saying was bound to happen or was a universal fact. Ask questions as many as you can as long as they are interesting and link one fact to another but avoid asking many because only a few questions can be the difference of you looking genius and you looking dumb. Try to say something like “ okay that’s why people say that……” for example if a teacher gives a small lecture on the geography of the Himalayas say “okay that’s why the rain shadow regions still have vegetation”. But the best technique is not only in showing that you know something. You should always be sweet to her and talk in a sweet, low tone and when you write answers elaborate them but only to the point for example…..instead of writing…. “Charles dickens is one of the most famous authors in history and his novels are loved by many.” write “Charles Dickens is one of the most renowned men in the historic world due to his timeless contributions in the vast literary fields, his writings are timeless and have entertained the world with their imagery for more than a century now.” The genius is the same behind the pen but his style of answering and writing can really win a teacher’s heart.

·        How to take notes: Taking notes while the teacher explains is hard so it is very important that after taking them you re-write them. Here’s how you can take notes which will help you for long….

1.      MATHS= Usually the problem arises when you can’t figure out where and when a formula is used. When you get free time once a week sit to make proper maths notes. Take a rough sheet of paper and write the formula down. Along the formula write in bullets under it when we have to use it and how to use it correctly. Then under that write example and give a page number from your exercise textbooks from which you can practice the formula. Then under it write down when it can usually be used for solving word problems and write then another example with plenty space labeling your steps for example

15(2a+b) * 2

30(2a + b ) = because 2 multiplied by 15 is thirty and since two is a whole number it will directly be multiplied with the whole number fifteen instead of mingling with (2a + b)

 

2.      History= History is all a story so it is important to take notes suggesting how one event links to another. Make a flow chart to represent the story. Although I am writing this on a computer I can still give a rough idea.

13 colonies were controlled by British in America-> the colonies weren’t given rights-> they protested and riots broke out-> The American Revolution started, Americans wanted British to give the rule of the colonies back-> Declaration of independence was written and submitted after which Americans got control of land.

It’s best however to write it vertically with all facts highlighted.

 

3.      Religion= Write a main heading on the page and encircle it for example “Christianity” under it make arrows depending on the subheadings, these arrows should come out of the circle under the arrows you can write “ Bible”, “Churches”, “Catholics and protestants”, “Believes about Jesus Christ”. Make more arrows leading out of these subheadings, circle the subheadings. The information regarding the subheading “Bible” can be “Old Testament” “New Testament”. Just like that make headings subheadings with information springing out of them and leading to some other information.

These above mentioned techniques for maths, history and religion can be applied in all the subjects whereas in anatomy and such drawings and diagrams can be made and labeled.

 

 

 

  • How to continually practice for physical competitions which are coming up: It’s no doubt you have to be in shape for such  things even if there is no competition and perfect fitness can be gained by keeping a routine of exercise. In fresh air in school recess or something walk from one end of the ground o the other concentrating on counting your heart beat. When this happens your brain focuses some strain which is healthy on your heart so that it starts beating earlier than possible. When after walking for sometime, considerably four to five rounds, instantly start running and run until your heavy breath starts slowing you down then slowly return to your fast walking position. This sort of exercise makes your heart pressure rise and fall and stamina increases. If the game you play is about flexibility, keep stretching, mainly your thighs and back. Do some pushes to the sides. These are tips to keep you fit for a long time apart from training since they keep your body used to the exercise and makes it faster and stronger and more flexible. Apart from that many breathing techniques taught in yoga can be explored which add stability to your entire body and make you more controlled and internally strong.
  • How to study at the last minute for tests: Test is tomorrow you find out just today…you have an entire chapter to learn! EASY! Go to your home get fresh and grab any citric food or juices and go to a quiet corner with your necessities, textbooks, highlighters, pencils, pens, a notebook, some rough practice sheets, your previous notes. Your Previous notes should be at the side, with your main textbook, a pen and your notebook. Skim quickly through the headings subtitles and points and convert the first subtitle into a question for example if it is “Chromatography and it’s uses” write down “ What is chromatography and what can it be used for?” then read the content and convert it into an answer to the question you have written on the notebook for example if the book said “ Chromatography is a process in which……….because of this it can be used to test……..” write down in points the facts written in it making points and sub points. This makes you prepared for such a question and also teaches you the facts related to it when you are done just revise what you have written learn it on fingertips and then after revising move on to the next sub heading learning by the same method. 

© 2013 Darkblushedink


Author's Note

Darkblushedink
p.s. ignore grammar problems! My keyboard is a nutcase!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on June 19, 2013
Last Updated on June 19, 2013
Tags: school, tests, life, how to, teens, friends, schedule, games, art, time capsule

Author

Darkblushedink
Darkblushedink

Karachi, Pakistan



About
Hey guys! i am a writer who writes because it's my passion and nothing else! To tell the truth i'm still in high school! Writing and reading have engulfed my life, i am a very mature person with dream.. more..

Writing