The Web

The Web

A Story by XxTheFallenAngelxX
"

The tale of the beauty and the scarred man- a small project in English class.

"

The web



The Web- A finely crafted masterpiece by a brilliant artist, deadly, yet as fragile as a newborn babe.

The artist in question was a smirking sculptor, a seductive storyteller, a master of lies. Nimble fingers manipulated the strings of a helpless marionette, forced to do its master’s will.


Once, there was a famed beauty, known across the seas and beyond. Imagine a pale skinned lady, dark hair tumbling across slender shoulders as she leaned forward as she laughed, full red lips curving up into to gentle smile that would melt the hearts of the most evil of tyrants. The sound of her laugh sounded like a mixture of soft, tinkling bells, a stream gurgling happily and the singing of a wooden flute.


The man was what most would describe as tall, dark and handsome- if you saw him with his notorious face mask, you would think of Greek fairytales where brave men fought against repulsive monsters. Unfortunately, his black heart was as twisted as a well- tied knot was, and it reflected on his face. If you were lucky enough to remove his mask, you would see a face with unfathomable pits of darkness, a sudden scar that disfigured the face so profoundly.


She danced in gardens of pink, red and green.


He marched in bloody gardens of pink, red and green.


They were complete opposites, yes?


Both were as evil and as twisted as the other. Their hearts were both so dark, that even the darkness ran screeching from them both.


She hid it well.


He didn't.


However, fate had to twine their futures together in a web-An ugly web with a beautiful face. It created a mutant child of emotions, for two evils do not make a good.


Who would have guessed? Who would have guessed? Who would have guessed that the man with the scarred face would become the artist’s pet? Two more scars joined the ends of the man’s face with his strong jaw.


A web of lies the both of them were tangled in. 

© 2012 XxTheFallenAngelxX


Author's Note

XxTheFallenAngelxX
Ehh.. Give me your honest comments...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

232 Views
Added on July 26, 2012
Last Updated on July 26, 2012
Tags: The, Web, Beauty, Marionette, Man, Scarred, Lies, Tale

Author

XxTheFallenAngelxX
XxTheFallenAngelxX

Singapore



About
As an otaku, or anime-loving female, I enjoy writing poems, novella etc. I am a fan of Dan Brown, but my favorite book isn't by him. It is called Little Star by John Ajvide Lindqvist. more..

Writing