One’s Pain One’s Sorrow and One’s Regret

One’s Pain One’s Sorrow and One’s Regret

A Poem by Brandon Uchiha

Once upon a cold and dark night while I was attending a ball I received news that had changed my life forever more. The one who gave me the horrific news was a relative of the one who passed.

A woman whose beauty that could not be beaten by any other but her face was spellbound by sorrow and despair. As the atmosphere of the room grew dark and cold I witnessed a feeling that I never felt before in that moment I knew it was fear. A fear to hear this poor woman in such a state to tell me the death of my once beloved friend. When she spoke her words were so full of sorrow and pain I could feel it in my soul as she spoke the room grew even darker than before then a chill went down my spine. I could see as she spoke of how he died it was an image that was so painful that I could feel the pain of what he went through before he stepped in death's door. When she was done speaking to me my heart and soul was cold and dark as darkness itself  was inside of me. As a token of her expression of her regret of telling me this she embraced me for a few moments telling me that she was sorry to tell me such dreadful news of this tragedy. Soon after she leaves with a even more sad state my soul was in a state that no blessing that is given to me will ever please me or bring me joy and no great power I could gain would ever heal the pain and despair inside of me. As the ball goes on so does my pain and despair in an unending cycle through this I was in a state of disturbance in both body and soul. I was so shocked I could not show an emotion of sadness or even shed a tear for my dear friend. Soon after the ball was over I walked myself home on such a cold and dark night with the dreadful feeling of sorrow piercing deeper into my heart soon to make my soul turn into nothingness. As I walk to my home the moon was shining bright to my  lifeless eyes as if the moon was guiding me to my home. I then reach my destination of my end of this dreadful night. As I lie in my covers of my resting place I saw nothing but blackness even with my eyes not shut . It was as if I was in one’s nightmare in its wake hoping it will end. I was still cold even with the layers of the warm cotton blankets covering me while I lay to rest. Before the dawn of the new day my body and soul were full of nothingness that and nothing more and nothing less. Still to this day that haunting memory still follows me wherever I go and as I look back I experience that memory all over again a nightmare that will never end.

© 2018 Brandon Uchiha


Author's Note

Brandon Uchiha
This one I wrote when i was 16 years old. The thing that drove me to writing this was when an old friend of mine died. For this to me is a memorial for his death and that he will always be in my thoughts.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
Added on May 21, 2018
Last Updated on May 21, 2018

Author

Brandon Uchiha
Brandon Uchiha

Cochranton, PA



About
I am a person who loves to write and to learn how to write novels. I wish to improve my writing skills so that some day I can become a professional writer. more..