Cancer

Cancer

A Poem by oranges_melt
"

no choice/hold on

"

Unforgettable thoughts rewind,

while flashbacks bring to tears,

remembering life for what it was,

and losing to my fears,

 

I used to have a lock of hair,

I used to be real strong,

but now I'm gone and truly dead,

I'm scared to sing this song,

 

My mom will cry when I'm not there,

it's like this everyday,

hope is something I'll hold on,

that's what the doctors say,

 

I've lost my strength and color too,

pale as ghosts can be,

I wonder, will I live today,

no future I can see,

 

no hair, no future, that's my life,

I'm ready--let me die,

healthy, hope, and faith and will,

it's nothing you can buy,

 

my father's hand is cold with daze,

I'm sorry--don't feel guilt,

here's my skin, it's dying slowly,

here's my heart--to wilt,

 

Here's to life, the love I made,

and here's to life I'll lose,

it's fine, don't worry, my time's up,

what's cancer--that's old news.

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2008 oranges_melt


Author's Note

oranges_melt
k.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Firstly, this is heartwrenching and honest write for your supposed illness. Secondly, this sorta gives me the feeling of giving up hope while being diagnosed with cancer. While I'm not sure the illness that you have, I must say there must be cures for you to survive and beat your illness. Many have survived from all types of cancers. Don't give up, research cures, medical technology is advancing in our world today and I know there are cancer centers in most parts of the world to help cancer patients. Please do not give up hope, fight for your life.
~*AnnaRose*~

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is a great poem, but you just need to fight. My grandpa and uncle died of cancer and just found out my mom has it.
This is a very heart wrenching poem. I hope they find a cure for it someday

Posted 15 Years Ago


Firstly, this is heartwrenching and honest write for your supposed illness. Secondly, this sorta gives me the feeling of giving up hope while being diagnosed with cancer. While I'm not sure the illness that you have, I must say there must be cures for you to survive and beat your illness. Many have survived from all types of cancers. Don't give up, research cures, medical technology is advancing in our world today and I know there are cancer centers in most parts of the world to help cancer patients. Please do not give up hope, fight for your life.
~*AnnaRose*~

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ehehe, actually I don't have this illness but my father did and he died, so I was just writing about it and tryint to send meaning to other who have this disease but thanks! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


Firstly, you are very brave writing this poem. I hope it helps you deal with your illness. I hope that whoever reads this, is not afraid any more to reach out to cancer patients and have the courage to treat them as people and not as patients.
Though you are scared, you've written down your song. That takes a lot of courage too. Though cancer is around like forever, it is still a taboo subject. We still cannot cope, we still cannot deal with it. That is why your poem is so important.
You write about death, that is brave too. I think it is good to write about death, to admit that you are longing to die. You need to express that, though I can imagine readers being shocked reading your poem.
You describe your immense distress and that of your parents as well, so accurately, so tangible. You give people insight, that they will rarely find, I hope they are empathic enough to understand.
But also remember, you are still alive, though you might be feeling death luring around the corner... As long as you are alive, there is still hope, whatever doctors say. I've known people to survive that were given up and I've known people declared cured, to die ... Put your trust in your doctors and your treatment, however hard, but also, dare to trust your mind to stay strong in order to tackle the matter! Sometimes our mind is stronger than we think and we are able to achieve the unachievable.
Keep on writing, whenever you can! Try to stay true to your inner self, to who you really are. You are a person with an illness, not an illness, but first and foremost a person with a unique mind!


Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 7, 2008

Author

oranges_melt
oranges_melt

Tallahassee, FL



About
no bio. favorite quotes: Words, words, mere words, no matter from the heart. "Nothing ventured, nothing gained." Good-night, good-night! Parting is such sweet sorrow That I shall say good-night.. more..

Writing
Crash Crash

A Poem by oranges_melt


Neurosis Neurosis

A Story by oranges_melt



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..