Five Minutes To Midnight {part 2}

Five Minutes To Midnight {part 2}

A Story by oranges_melt
"

link to the first part: http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/x_everhollow_x/350966/

"

     I used to have friends.  Back when Pepsi cans were Coco Cola cans and laptops were books.  Being a junior is promising.  Soon enough, I'll be out of this Hell Hole and to New York, I'll go.  I'll open up my own bookstore and cafe shop.  I'll have my own apartment.  I won't go to college.  I'll just live my life the way I want to and always wanted to.  And you don't need friends for that.

    I don't really want to explain why I don't have friends  maybe in another story, but right now, I'm still trying to decide whether I should eat this Reese's or not.  I started at it long and hard and squinted my eyes a little.  Tempting, salivating, but was it worth the calories?  I closed my eyes.  I was defeated.  I tored off the wrapper and cut up the Reese's into four parts.  Each part was like a mini-mini pizza and I ate it the way you'd eat one.  Sometimes if I concentrated real hard, I could imagine tasting it as a pizza.  I don't know why I'd want to when I love chocolate so much, but I just do.  That's just part of my charm.  You don't know me until you really know me.  And I don't think I'd let anyone close enough for them to imagine they know me.  So basically, what I'm really saying is, nobody knows me.  At least, not in so many words.

     It's raining outside.  The drops of water formed larger drops of water against the window, making smacking sounds as they slammed into the glass.  If I really looked close into one of the drops of water, I could see everything magnified through the drop.  It's pretty sweet.  I thought, maybe, I'd go outside and play out in the rain, but I was tired.  Tito was whining and looking at me with these big, brown eyes I couldn't resist.  I looked up at the clock.  4:30.  Sometimes, Tito knew time better than I did  time to feed her.  I filled up her bowl with dog food and she started eating.  I patted her black fur and sat down in front of the TV.  I switched through the channels.  Nothing was on.

     I felt alone.  There was nothing to do.  Nowhere to go.  And no one in sight.  The thoughts filled me again.

     I used to have friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where art thou Romeo? 

Sometimes, it's not where, but why.

 

Pain doesn't hurt..when it's all you've ever felt.

 

Don't be afraid of the shadows.  It only means there's a light nearby.

  

© 2008 oranges_melt


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on December 8, 2008

Author

oranges_melt
oranges_melt

Tallahassee, FL



About
no bio. favorite quotes: Words, words, mere words, no matter from the heart. "Nothing ventured, nothing gained." Good-night, good-night! Parting is such sweet sorrow That I shall say good-night.. more..

Writing
Crash Crash

A Poem by oranges_melt


Neurosis Neurosis

A Story by oranges_melt