I Am Poem

I Am Poem

A Poem by M.S Solis
"

I took an old rubric from elementary and made a new piece from it

"

I am deep and a man of faith

I wonder if God is ever listening to those unanswered prayers.

I hear the roar of a million crowds as I take my bow

I see the strings vibrate in place as my ears ring from the harmonious symphony.

I want the world to hear the words I have to offer

I am deep and a man of faith

 

I pretend to hear the cries of thousands I conduct my words.

I feel the raw emotion that is brought out by my words.

I touch the teenage girl’s heart as I pick up my quill and parchment.

I cry for the million broken hymns who are the men that have to hold down three jobs simply to hold up their children.

I am deep and a man of faith.

 

I understand that there are families who’ll never be like the Cleavers with perfectly made dinners and sons like Wally and Beaver.

I say my words loud enough for the kids who cannot be understood because they speak half-God and half-English to hear.

I dream of a healed world that I can influence at the tip of my pen.

I try to burn both ends every time I write, to give a piece of myself to you.

I hope this is not another poem that I write, I want you to walk into it, breathe it in, so when the world knocks at your front door, clutch the knob and open on up running forward into its widespread greeting arms with your hands before you.

I am deep and a man of faith…

 

I am me…

© 2010 M.S Solis


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
hmm
There is nothing wrong with having faith it is good for the heart and soul. I really enjoyed this well written write.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 9, 2010
Last Updated on March 9, 2010

Author

M.S Solis
M.S Solis

Las Vegas, NV



About
I try to find inspiration when I only see disincentives. I seek hope when there is only despair. I hunger for the salvation on the other side but find only downfall. The heavy shackles on my an.. more..

Writing
Immortal Immortal

A Poem by M.S Solis


Stay Stay

A Poem by M.S Solis