You Are My Inspiration

You Are My Inspiration

A Poem by Erica Marie
"

I wanted to write my incredible boyfriend a letter, and this is what it was. (We like to refer to each other by our first and middle names)

"
Christopher Ryan,
As a writer, I am constantly looking for inspiration. I find it in books, in movies, in music. But the most special kind of inspiration, is that which you can get from another person. It's when who they are becomes a poem in itself. You are my constant inspiration. And because of that, I find it immensely difficult to not express my feelings for you on paper. It's just who I am. I believe you are the key for me to succeed in everything I have always wanted for myself. I hear your voice of encouragement in my head whenever I get worried, and I suddenly feel stronger. You're the first person who's helped me recognize my need for independence, but you still let me be me. In the beginning, you told me that I needed someone like you because you will never hurt me. And I believe that completely. I trust you more than I have ever trusted anyone else. You will never push me away. You're the reason I'm still smiling after everything I've been through. You're the reason this family is still whole. You're the reason I feel as if I can succeed in the future. Because you are my future. You make me so happy. And even though you might not see it, the conversations we have brings out the writer in you. And it inspires me all over again. As long as I'm with you, we will laugh, and smile, and live; and we'll share each other like an island.
-Erica Marie

© 2012 Erica Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is incredibly sweet and full of genuine devotion.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Erica Marie

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 26, 2012
Last Updated on December 8, 2012
Tags: boyfriend, letter, inspiration, love, happiness

Author

Erica Marie
Erica Marie

CA



About
☮♥Erica Marie♥☮ Welcome to my profile! I hope you enjoy my writing :) My name is Erica Marie and I am 20 years old. Born and raised in Souther.. more..

Writing