Conna the teenage tear away - Chapter one

Conna the teenage tear away - Chapter one

A Story by fernii
"

A teenage boy who gets into all kinds of trouble. He gets away with being bad behaved. He has issues and doesnt put in any effort to sort them. He lives with his dad, bro and sisters.

"

        Chapter One �" The beginning

Conna wakes up at 10:00am on Saturday morning. He gets up and walks over to his Chest of drawers to choose what to wear. He opens the first drawer and pulls out a dark blue t-shirt; it has a picture of Bart Simpson with a speech bubble saying “Wats up dude?”  Conna puts the t-shirt on then looks in the next drawer and pulls out a pair of dark blue jeans and puts them on. He walks over to his door and he trips over his bag on the floor. His bedroom is dark and dingy so he couldn’t see where he was walking. He has black curtains, a black duvet on his bed and he never tidies his bedroom. Connor has short brown hair and he sometimes spikes it up with gel. Conna is very skinny and is 13 years old. Conna walks down the stairs and sits on the sofa in the living room, and then he starts to play on his games console.
 
Dad Jerry is sitting at the dining room table with his daughter Sam. They are busy talking and drinking tea. Jerry is a large man with very short grey hair. He dresses in casual clothes and very rarely lets his beard grow. He’s 49 years old.
 
Sam is Conna’s sister. She is a healthy young women, she is an average size. She looks after herself well and the rest of the family. She has long blonde hair and is 23 years old.
 
Darren is Conna’s brother. He is skinny, tall, has scruffy brown hair and is 17 years old. He is sitting next to Conna on the sofa in the living room. Conna’s other sister Mel is sitting on the arm chair next to the sofa that Conna and Darren are sitting on. Mel is busy reading a celebrity magazine. She is skinny, healthy and is also 17 years of age; she is Darren’s twin sister. Mel has short black hair in a bob.
 
Jerry looks over at Conna.
 
“Conna what are you up to today?”
 
“I don’t know. Why don’t you just put a tracking device on me and then you won’t have to ask me anymore.”
 
Conna stands up, turns off the games console and walks up the stairs then slams his bedroom door shut.
 
“Conna! Conna!”
 
Conna picks up his mobile phone. He texts his mates to see what they are up to. He puts his mobile phone on his bedside cabinet and waits for a reply. He gets off his bed and starts to look in his bedside cabinet drawers for his iPod. He picks up his iPod and decides what playlist he wants to listen to, then sits on his bed. His mobile phone starts to bleep so Conna picks it up and reads the 15 text messages he has just received. They all say “I don’t know”. Conna lays down on his bed faces the ceiling and puts his earphones in.
 
Mean while downstairs Darren is sitting on the sofa with the TV on watching football. Mel is standing in the kitchen drinking a cup of tea and talking about Conna with Jerry and Sam. Jerry looks at Sam.
 
“There’s something wrong with him. He always seems to be in a mood.”
 
“Dad that’s Conna for you. Just don’t worry about him.”
 
“I suppose you’re right, Mel do you think you could have a word with him?”
 
I’m not his mum, sorry but I have better things to do.”
 
“Dad just talk to him yourself if your that worried. He’s a teenager and teenagers are always moody. I was moody. Mel and Darren are moody.”
 
“I’m not moody; I just get angry sometimes but with good reason.”
 
“Yeah that’s basically the same thing.”
 
At 12:00pm Sam and Jerry leave the house to go to work at their fast food work place where they serve kebab and chips all day.
 
Conna’s other sister is called Kayleigh. She is Conna’s twin. She has long brown hair and wears girly clothes and is always in the latest fashion. She doesn’t spend a lot of time at home. She spends most of her time out with her friends. She gets on well with Conna more than her other brother and sisters. Every Saturday she goes to work with Jerry and Sam.
 
Sam, Jerry and Kayleigh walk through the front door at 4:30pm. Sam and Jerry walk into the kitchen and start to make dinner while Kayleigh sits on the arm of the sofa and watches TV.
 
Conna runs down the stairs with his mobile phone in his hand and his earphones in his ears. He sits on the sofa at the end because Darren is lying down and using up most of the sofa.
 
At 5:00pm Conna felt his mobile phone vibrate in his jeans pocket. He takes his mobile phone out of his pocket and reads the text message he has just received from one of his mates saying “Do you want to come out and play football on the playing field?” Conna texts his mate back saying “Yeah ok see ya in 5 mins”. He looks up from his mobile phone and looks at his dad who is in the kitchen.
 
“DAD! Can I go out and play football?”
 
“No dinner is nearly ready.”
 
“You know I’m not going to eat it. Just let me go out and I’ll be home at whatever time you want. Deal?”
 
“I said no. Don’t make this into a big deal. Just do as you’re told for once.”
 
“I’ll take that as a no deal then.”
 
Conna stands up, walks over to the stair banister where his black hoody is hanging and puts it on. He sits on the bottom of the stairs and puts on his black Nike trainers, then stands up and opens the front door and walks out. Jerry follows Conna to the front door and then stands in the door way. Sam and Mel sit on the sofa with Darren.
 
“I’ll be back at…….”
 
“Stop being such a nuisance, just get inside now!”
 
Conna stands still, he starts searching all his pockets for his mobile phone. He cannot find his mobile phone so he thinks for a minute and retraces his steps then remembers where he left it. Conna runs back into the house, Darren is sitting on the sofa with Conna’s mobile phone in his hand. Conna grabs his mobile out of Darren’s hand then runs back out of the house.
 
“Be back at seven Conna.”
 
“Yeah sure whatever.”
 
Conna walks to the field and starts to play football with his mates, he is getting quite muddy because he is the goal keeper and he keeps diving to try and catch the ball to stop it from going in the goal.
 
Mean while back at the house Sam, Mel, Darren, Kayleigh and Jerry are sitting at the dining room table eating their dinner which is pizza and chips that Sam and Jerry made for everyone. At 7:00pm everyone finishes dinner and is now relaxing on the sofa whilst watching TV. Jerry is pacing back and forth in the living room angrily because Conna hasn’t come home yet and it is late. Jerry looks at Sam who is trying to call Conna’s mobile phone but it goes straight to answer phone.
 
“Where is he Sam?”
 
I’m sure he’ll be home soon. You know what he’s like.”
 
“Yes and that’s what I’m worried about.”
 
Jerry peers through the living room curtains to see if Conna is outside but there is no sign of him.
 
Conna walks in through the front door at 10:00pm, his clothes are all muddy from playing football. Conna is holding his black hoody in his hand. He walks into the living room; he sits on the bottom step of the stairs and starts to take off his black Nike trainers then he looks up at his dad who is staring down at him.
 
“Where the hell have you been?”
 
“I told you I was going to play football.”
 
“Yes and I told you that you wasn’t allowed to go out. Why do you never do as you’re told?”
 
“Because I know I can get away with it, I can walk right over you and you do nothing about it.”
 
“What?”
 
“Nothing. All I’m saying is earlier I gave you a deal that if you let me go out I would come in at whatever time you wanted me to come in but you didn’t take it.  I decided since you’re not letting me go out you don’t get to decide what time I come home.”
 
“That’s ridiculous.”
 
“No it’s not.”
 
Conna stands up, puts his trainers by the stairs then runs upstairs to his room and shuts the door behind him. Conna goes to bed after he puts his mobile phone on charge. Sam, Mel, Kayleigh, Darren and Jerry go to bed at 11:20pm.

© 2011 fernii


Author's Note

fernii
This is a book ive been writing since i was eleven and now im 16 so please let me know what you think :) thanks :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interested to see where this plot goes...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very nice characters and the plot was good too, really enjoyed it, made me laugh at some points. Nicely written, a good choice of words and a nice presentation. I must say that I enjoyed this work mortal, very well written. Keep up the good work!~

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

like your characters and plot. I could visualize the whole story. very well written and put togther.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

708 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 13, 2010
Last Updated on February 24, 2011
Previous Versions

Author

fernii
fernii

hertfordshire, 2, United Kingdom



About
I love writing and I like to stand out. more..

Writing
'The One' 'The One'

A Poem by fernii


Love? Love?

A Poem by fernii