JOURNAL ENTRY #1

JOURNAL ENTRY #1

A Story by LEVELSBOY
"

The journal entries of the characters Prince, Katrina, Marion, and Fleana from my book series LEVELS. The four are struggling at their new school and are task with keeping a journal by their teacher

"

Prince:

     Great. Now I have to write this whole journal thing, because Mrs. Rosethorne said that my writing lacks luster. For a writer that’s insulting. And I have to share the entries with my pals otherwise the story makes no sense. Oh, boy. It’s bad enough going to school that’s about fifty-thousand feet in the air, and the embarrassing events that ensued the weeks after. Well, all I know is that is going to be a rough two years.



Katrina:

      Okay, so it began like this. We were late for class again, which is not unusual for us when Mrs. Rosethorne totally dismissed it to give us our English papers. Since she dismissed us being late, I knew they weren’t good. We got C’s, but she underlined that our paper lacked luster and I couldn’t help but to blurt it out in front of the class. Not my best look. People at the start of school thought I was from a different country because of my British accent now they think I’m from a different planet in wake of the events that transpired (Long story). After the derisions and the shaking of many heads of pulling our classic stunts we went to our desks trying to ignore the teacher, but Mrs. Rosethorne wasn’t going to let us get away with this, so she picked on us every time she asked a question making us look stupid in class…again. She asked us to see us after class. So when we did, she told us, “Now I know you don’t respect my class, but your snide actions aren’t going to change your grades.”

“What’s wrong with our papers, Ma’am?” I asked.

“Your writing is dull. I practically fell asleep on the second page. Imagine having to read the four of these. Katrina, Prince, Fleana, Marion I expect better effort from you. I do have a solution, however.”

"What is it?”

“I'll let your parents tell you after I call them about your behavior.”

As you can see we really hate that teacher.



Marion:

     Got home, got chewed out, got punished yada yada…it was basically status quo as of late but there’s a twist: we get a journal to write in. Our parents explained in our conjoined family meeting (We’re not from the same family by the way) that Mrs. Rosethorne said that writing in our new journal and expressing our innermost thoughts would help embellish our writing. Even though I’m the type of guy who loves to improve, I had qualms about this. Mrs. Rosethorne had to read these. My friend Fleana said what was on our minds, “Mom I don’t do journals. We express ourselves in our art. Remember, I sing, Marion sculpts, Prince writes, and Katrina paints. If I have personal thoughts that I don’t want people to know why would I want to write them down?”

“Well, write them like you want people to read them. In fact why don’t you all write them? I bet you would have loads of stories to tell.” Her mother replied.

So that’s how we came upon our new err…assignment.



Fleana:

     I hope you enjoy the first of our…many entries. Are you hooked? If not please put the book down and leave. I’m a terrible writer anyway. If you do, then good I like you. Well, actually I would’ve liked you anyway. Listen, I would love to tell you about our older siblings, where we live, who we are, what we are, but I’m tired of writing in this book. See you later. Enjoy the ride.

© 2014 LEVELSBOY


Author's Note

LEVELSBOY
What do you think of the way of telling the story in different narrations?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like that it's from multiple points of view

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LEVELSBOY

10 Years Ago

Why thanks. That's sort of my specialty.
Ashley Armstrong

10 Years Ago

It's really good
LEVELSBOY

10 Years Ago

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
1 Review
Added on January 30, 2014
Last Updated on March 28, 2014
Tags: Science fiction, life, school, journal, surrealism

Author

LEVELSBOY
LEVELSBOY

Fayette, AL



About
I'm a writer, loves music, fun loving, easygoing, sometimes random, and eBook author. Born in Baltimore, MD raised in Alabama, and I now attend the University of Alabama. I may sell books, but I write.. more..

Writing