The Beasts

The Beasts

A Poem by xXSnickerdoodleXx

She cracked open the door to her soul, for a mere moment. 
A single heartbeat, and every beast unleashed from her. 
They engulf her, dipping down and soaring back up, overlapping around her body.
They float around, sticking close to her like leeches. 
She tries to contain the beasts but they cannot be tamed. 
These beasts are Hatred, Jealousy, Depression, Vengeance, amongst others that lurk, floating carelessly.
They fidget restlessly, emitting moans, sighs, groans, wails, and tears that flood the ground. 
The tears rain down, turning a velvet black, they fill over her cloaking her in a dark ocean, a deep abyss with no end. 
She sinks, the beasts weighing down, the pressure, the emotions, the stress, all atop her. 
She anchors at the end of the shadowy depths, the distance from surfacing, unfathomable. 
She reaches out, tears streaming down her face, and with a last breath, a deep inhalation of sin, she slips. 
Gone forever, to never return, the only thing left behind now are plumes of blood churning through the water as the cackles and taunts of the beasts languidly faint away.

© 2014 xXSnickerdoodleXx


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"And with a last breath, a deep inhalation of sin, she slips." That's my favorite line. I like your writing style.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
1 Review
Added on January 16, 2014
Last Updated on January 16, 2014
Tags: dark, evil, depressing

Author

xXSnickerdoodleXx
xXSnickerdoodleXx

MS



About
Haiiii c: I iz Snickerdoodle (Also known as Hannah) I do various types of writings, usually fantasy and sci-fi, or poems. I like anime, video games, and cookie dough (because you can't deny cookie dou.. more..