Turning of the clock

Turning of the clock

A Story by xvideo12
"

prompt i wrote...

"

August 1954. A night of wind and rain, and thunder like booming of heavy guns.

Something had woken David up suddenly. It might have been the thunder, but then he heard a knock and his bedroom window opened.At first, he could see nothing. He just knew that he had heard a knock, but as his eyes became more accustomed to the dim light outside, he could see the figure of an elderly man wearing khaki uniform and some sort of a round hat. He reminded him of his grandfather in a photo taken long ago. The man approached him and asked in an excited tone "Lad, has war broken out? I've received no instructions. Please come with me quickly!", at first he couldn't answer him, where am I he thought? What's happened to me? Turning round desperately he noticed, how different the room was now. The big old wardrobe was back and the gas fire with the oval mirror above it, and there was his old iron bedstead. In bewilderment, he went over to the mirror and looked in. What he saw was not the thirty year old face he knew, but the grinning face of towsled youth of about 15 staring back at him.

Much shaken, David returned to the window where the old man was still waiting patiently. "Sir, what war do you mean?", "Why, the next war was Jerry lad?". Intrigued David hastily got some clothes on and left the house. He could see the old man coming towards him, smiling in the heavy rain. "Are you okay, sir? I'll come with you, to wherever you need to go.", he took the man's arm to help him, worried that the heavy rain would soak him: and yet the uniform was dry, he turned momentarily to look at the house, but in that instant the old man had gone.

Dawn was beginning to break, and the ground was dry: there was no rain. Completely, baffled David returned to his room and went back to his usual bed.

© 2016 xvideo12


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
Added on October 11, 2016
Last Updated on October 11, 2016
Tags: time travel, world war 2

Author

xvideo12
xvideo12

United Kingdom