Painting

Painting

A Story by Daimi
"

The mind of an artist.

"

It was exquisite. The crimson water dripped from the walls, and he took a step back. He was surprised with himself. Not by the fact that he did this, but by the fact that he did this beautifully. It was a masterpiece.

                Slowly, he dripped to his knees, fingers stained and dry, his hair matted by his choice of paint. It splashed around his knees, and he had to force himself not to make edits. No, it was perfect this way. Shivering and drawing a breath, he stood and took a few steps back, toward his bag. He had to be quick.

                Rummaging through his bag’s pockets, he let out a relieved sigh and took out a camera, snapping a photo. This would be going in his scrapbook under the floorboards with all the others. She would never be alone again.

                Once the photo was taken and the camera put away, he scurried into the bathroom to change. He had to see Vincent, to tell him how well he was doing, and he couldn’t do so covered in red. Vincent would be so proud. Or… He could react the same way he did last time. He didn’t appreciate that one very much. Heaving a sigh, he exited the bathroom, then the house into the blue starry night.

                “I’ll tell him tomorrow.”

© 2011 Daimi


Author's Note

Daimi
This one was rather quick and very little effort was put into it. Very short and sweet, and pretty direct. C&C please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

great write, thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!

Stats

77 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 10, 2011
Last Updated on November 10, 2011

Author

Daimi
Daimi

Canada



About
Hello. Trying to find my creativity. It seems to be lost, if anyone has seen it, please contact me. Haha, I like the dark, weird, and abstract. Anything unique, I usually like. Most of my writing .. more..

Writing
Knives Knives

A Story by Daimi