Explosion Ritual

Explosion Ritual

A Poem by Michael Handel
"

Mike like dance alone. Mike like dance a lot.

"

 

I've never, really, been "that guy"

looking for a way out

and have spent years in preparation to try

of this maze of haze

for the rearing, the upliftment, a transformative thrust outward

this dance of daze, in meter of days

the composition, the quake from

the ways found and lost in searching for naught

the stand-up, sit-down, diner-coffee frown

for liberation from self, the chains left dangling

and only in the most desperate sounds did I first hear

the introspective strangling, 15-step jig

the not so clear glimpse of, conscience whispers to:

dances like pig (in heat), barefoot/feet,

"Michael, Michael...wake the f**k up to your life".

toe stubbed hard from English detonations.

How about I don't, and say that I did, the response from

***Thrust from ground with speed of sounds***

inside Thom's blanket...not enough coffee for me today, I think I'll just sit and listen.

***Gravitational-pull pulls hard on mortal shell, the return explosive, exploding, explosion***

© 2008 Michael Handel


Author's Note

Michael Handel
I do this stuff too much...caffeinated dancing in bedroom that is.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Chaos provides so much brilliance, doesn't it? Things hidden within and things that must be expressed.

The way this poem drifts from start to finish is really well done-it could very easily have become a maze of incoherent thoughts, and I'm glad that it didn't.

"Wake the f**k up to your life"-says so much in so many ways. I'm not one to read too deep into everything that I read, but that line is universal.

It's snappy and has pizzaz. Hats off!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Chaos provides so much brilliance, doesn't it? Things hidden within and things that must be expressed.

The way this poem drifts from start to finish is really well done-it could very easily have become a maze of incoherent thoughts, and I'm glad that it didn't.

"Wake the f**k up to your life"-says so much in so many ways. I'm not one to read too deep into everything that I read, but that line is universal.

It's snappy and has pizzaz. Hats off!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i pretty much agree with what everyone said.

a) i really like that it's two poems in one.
b) it's chaotic in a beautiful, crazy way that makes it brilliant.
c) just from the style i can get the dizzy, free feeling of just dancing alone in your room -- ignoring everything else just to explode.
d) you rock my socks -- a dweebtastic thing to say. but srsly.

xxx

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh Mr. Mike this was goood!

I read it aloud... twice. The first time altogether and the second, seperating the two equally fascinating pieces. I am glad you used italics every other line or I might not have caught it... or I might have ... never know.

"this dance of daze, in meter of days
the ways found and lost in searching for naught"

My 2 favorite lines... there are so many great words in those two lines...
daze: to stupify (typically with a blow) or to dazzle with light... incredibly different views on that word eh? Only I wonder if the 2nd shouldn't say "blind" rather than "dazzle." Dazzle would seem to infer that a dazed state of mind might be preferable... huh... maybe it is. If so I am dazzled as all hell...

A dance of confusion in the rhythm of days spent searching for nothing...

I like the result of your caffeinated dancing...

Have a great night

Ms. K



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

caffeinated dancing in bedroom, well that give a meaning. LOL
This seems to me like a Ritalin mind missing its upping downer while physically chained to one spot... The outcome?
This, a hyperactive explosion just like this... Good read.. This is the sort of stuff sports teams need to chant before a final, or on some battle field, or just before a final exam, or.... Well you get the drift.. Motivational boarder line madness.. Brilliance.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is bloody brilliant love!!!
different,full of lovely descriptions and references and mentions mr yorke which always makes a poem or anything really instantly amazing!
great work as usual love!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 27, 2008
Last Updated on October 4, 2008

Author

Michael Handel
Michael Handel

Philadelphia, PA



About
"my poems are only scratchings on the floor of a cage" -Charles Bukowski more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..