5 Prerequisites of Probability Assignment: Know Them Before You Start

5 Prerequisites of Probability Assignment: Know Them Before You Start

A Story by yetiwilliam
"

This article highlights the 5 prerequisites that you should know before start solving the probability assignment. So, give it a read

"

Probability is something which we use daily, like from tossing a coin to assuming the probability ratio of the weather forecast. After being the most basic subject, why students still face difficulties in solving its assignment?


Well, the reason is not the subject’s complexity. Instead, it’s all about the lack of understanding of basics and confusion between terms. So, to clear the confusion and to understand things better, you need to know some prerequisites before writing. They are mentioned in this article and help you solve the probability assignment like a pro.

 

Go ahead and read them...



 

Prerequisite 1: Know When to Use Bayes Theorem

 

This is the foremost thing, where the majority of the students get confused. They do not even know about the Bayes theorem. How will they prepare a probability assignment perfectly? So, if you too are one of them, then first, you should know what is Bayes theorem and when to use it.

 

It can only be used if the sample space has ‘n mutually exclusive’ events. For Example, A1,A2------An, and within that same space, another event exists named as X for which P(x)>0.

 

This is the only condition when you can use Bayes theorem. Doing so will allow you to use prior knowledge and improve your probability estimations.

 

Prerequisite 2: Clear the Confusion Between ‘AND’ & ‘OR’ Operator

 

In a rush to complete the probability assignment, the majority of the students make mistakes between ‘AND’ & ‘OR’ operator that ultimately affects the assignment’s problem. Probability is something that needs proper time and concentration. Students get confuse between both the operators and that is why they do mistakes. If you too are one of them, then you should know that ‘AND’ operator is used for events multiplication and ‘OR’ operator is used for events addition. This is the most basic yet important thing. So, solve the problem carefully using the proper operator.

 

Prerequisite 3: Analyze the Difference Between Independent & Mutually Exclusive Events

 

What do you mean by a mutually exclusive and independent event?

Do you also get confuse between both of them?

Well, if the two events are occurring together, then they are known as mutually exclusive events.

If the events are not dependent on each other, then it’s understood that they are independent events. In this type of event, the probability of one will not affect and change the probability of the other.

This is the big difference between them. As you are solving a probability assignment, then definitely you will come across such problems. So, it’s better to know them before you commit a mistake and lose grades.

 

Prerequisite 4: Use Venn Diagrams for Visualization of Problems

 

No doubt, if you are writing a probability assignment, then you'll come across lots of numerical problems that are way difficult to understand. In such a situation, there is a better way than getting panic.

Thinking, what?

What about making a Venn diagram & set of problems?

Yes! It is simple yet the best technique to solve the complex problem. Using it, you can easily understand the problem and complete your probability assignment in no time.

Liked the idea?

If yes, then use it before anyone else does.

 

Prerequisite 5: Before Solving Problem, Write All the Possible Cases

 

The last and the most important thing to keep in mind is, every problem cannot be solved easily just by writing its formula. Some problems need to be analyzed using all possible cases, especially the problems of probability. So, before you start solving the problem with one approach, try to analyze it and write down all the possible cases. After that, pick the best one and then complete the assignment. This approach will help you make your assignment look unique and fetch you A+.

 

Conclusion!

 

Apart from these 5 prerequisites, what’s most important is practice. So, practice a lot and then see how easily you can tackle your work like a pro. Keeping these points in mind, now start working on your assignment and submit it within the deadline.

Good Luck...

© 2019 yetiwilliam


Author's Note

yetiwilliam
yeti Williams is an academic writer associated with Instant Assignment Help Australia. His unique probability assignment writing tips help every student in writing assignments. When he gets free time, he loves to play chess with his son.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

15 Views
Added on November 5, 2019
Last Updated on November 5, 2019
Tags: Probability Assignment

Author

yetiwilliam
yetiwilliam

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia



About
I am working as a writer with Instant Assignment Help Australia. Providing writing assistant to college students. more..

Writing