My Dream for the Future

My Dream for the Future

A Story by Natalia
"

I find that my best writing happens when I'm experiencing an intense emotion, and that is what happened with this entry. I'll let you all interpret what it's about.

"

Have you ever felt a pain so strong as that of separation? It aches. It aches down to your bones, to your core. It makes everything hard to breath and you feel such an overwhelming desire to be in that place that tears flood your eyes. Seeing the images brings it all back. It brings back memories that come rushing in. You scan through them and pick out your favorite ones. The ones where you're smiling so brightly, beams of light can be seen shining out of your face. That is because you are with the people you care about the most, in a time and place so fantastic, all you can dream about, at night and during the day, is going back. You see that vision and you laugh to yourself because you were so happy. It's been a while since you've been that happy. That's when your dreaming of the past turns into your dreaming of the future. You will go back to that place, you swear to yourself. You will try with all your might to make that dream come true. It won't necessarily be easy; there will certainly be many steps to get to the place you wish to call home, but you won't let anything hold you back. You won't let the people who say you are dreaming to big hold you back. You won't let the long process and endless waiting hold you back. You won't let the fear of failure keep you back. You won't let YOU hold you back. No man you love could keep you from going, not the sadness of departure, nor the distance between you, family and friends, or that one love you think you can't let go. This is your dream, your future. You ache for it so bad, your body yearns to be there. Every particle of your being knows that that is where you are meant to be. It was once said that we must explore the world to know where we truly belong. I now know where I truly belong, and all the exciting possibilities and new adventures are waiting for me there. I will be counting down the days, the weeks, the months, the years till I can be there. I have not a doubt in my mind that it will come true, for when you want something badly enough, and I have never wanted something so badly, you can make anything happen. Till then, I wait. I will be waiting patiently, agonizingly, desperately, but I will wait. I will wait till the second my feet touch down on the place I love, in the place I call home.

© 2013 Natalia


Author's Note

Natalia
I'm open to critique. This is really more of a journal entry than an actual story, but feel free to comment.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on October 30, 2013
Last Updated on November 13, 2013
Tags: #travel, #future, #hopes, #dreams

Author

Natalia
Natalia

VA



About
Hi, my name is Natalia and I'm 2o years old. I am a college student in and live in Virginia near Washington D.C. I absolutely love love love music, reading, writing, movies, drawing, and especially tr.. more..

Writing
Regular Guys Regular Guys

A Poem by Natalia