The Creation of Se'Lucia

The Creation of Se'Lucia

A Story by Nuck
"

This is the creation of my fantasy world Se'Lucia. I hope you all enjoy.

"

   At the beginning of time itself, stood one who had always existed. Aurora, The Old God who was young, the original being. She was everything, and nothing. The light and the darkness, life and death, creation and destruction, but her natures betrayed one another. Whatever she would create, would crumble to ashes. Whatever she brought to life, death would soon consume it.  Aurora soon learned that she was the problem. That her overwhelming power, was the very weakness that held her back. Aurora now knew that without balance, nothing could sustain itself. Her creations were doomed by the very being that created them.

 

       Aurora realized that she could not exist alone, her natures contradicted one another, and thus no balance could be formed. To achieve balance , Aurora took her own life and created two new entities from her very being. The first was a being of complete darkness, Aurora's son, Azawraith. He was created from the darkness that dwelled within her own heart. Azawraith would maintain balance by controlling death, ending what his sister would begin. The next  being was that  of pure light, Aurora's Daughter Dayanous. Dayanous was created from the shimmering light that shone in Auroras heart. Dayanous would create life from nothingness and thus begin the cycle that her and Azawraith would maintain.

 

   To complete the creation of  the new world, Aurora used what was left of her power and became the foundation for what was to come. She became the stars and the moon, the sky and the ground. She became the blank canvas for which all life would be painted on. Dayanous and Azawraith then created the realms where they may reside. Azawraith created a realm of darkness, a kingdom where he would decide the fate of all who stand before him. He created dark protectors that would aid him in his mission. Dayanous created a realm of light, a peaceful place where she may craft the beings that would inhabit the world. She created guardians of light that would help her keep order.

 

  To help maintain the flow of their new world, Azawraith and Dayanous created four new lesser gods; they would help shape the barren world. The first would shape the rocky terrain; Grantor, the god of earth. The second would create the atmosphere and control the winds; Aeris, the god of air. The third would shift the tides and rule the seas; Zolo, Goddess of water. The fourth and final would control the worlds fiery core; Ignis, God of fire.

 

  Together the gods worked to prepare their new world for Dayanous' creations to live in. Dayanous began to touch the new world, life sprouting from her every touch. The mortals were crafted from the image of the gods, and called their new world Se'lucia. This was the beginning of our world, and the beginning of all things to come. 

© 2012 Nuck


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Nuck
This is just the first draft, please let me know what you think. Any constructive criticism would be helpful.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like this.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 27, 2012
Last Updated on December 27, 2012
Tags: Fantasy, Creation, Gods, Magic, Elements

Author

Nuck
Nuck

O'fallon, MO



About
I am a young writer from Missouri. I am currently working on my own fantasy world and the stories that take place within the world. I still have a long way to go before I become a good writer, but I a.. more..

Writing