How Love Got It's Name

How Love Got It's Name

A Story by Brittany
"

Ever wonder how those butterflies in your stomach, and happiness you always feel was named?

"

     It was another cloudy day in the town of LonelyVille, people were moving as sluggish as before, and everything was normal. Now, normal for LonelyVille is crying every night because there's something empty inside your little heart that will soon give up hope if something good doesn't happen, soon.

 

There was a man named William K. Depresssed, he lived in LonelyVille with no one in his house. Not a family member, a dog, or a cat. If you lived in this town, you don't have a family with you, nor a friend to get along with.

 

His neighbor was named Suzi Sad, she was as depressed as William, and William was as Sad as Suzi. They never spoke to one another, you would think neighbors are friends, but not in LonelyVille.

 

So, this day seemed to be a normal day in this town, but not for Suzi. As Suzi was walking towards her mailbox to pick up her mail that would end up all being bills, she glanced to her right. Then to her left - and at her left there was William K. Depressed getting mail just like her. He looked back at her, and they stared at each other until Suzi decided to think.

 

"Oh, who's that? Well, that must be my neighbor. Why haven't I ever spoken to the people  around me? Maybe I should give it a shot," Suzi thought, and let me tell you, Suzi did give talking to William a shot.

 

"Hello," she cried, plain and simple. Now, William was shocked - he had never spoken to anyone in his life! And now this women with short, curly locks was saying "hello"! Imagine hearing someone talking to you for the first time. It was a big shock for the people in LonelyVille

 

"Umm.. Err.. Eeee... Ahh.. Uhh... Heee....llllll....ooooo..." William replied, giving some effort.

 

"Um, how are you today?" She read from his face that William was uncomfortable, and as she did a quick spin - she noticed everyone was staring at the two. Wondering how they even  imagined starting a conversation!

 

"Gloomy like any other day," he joked, and they smiled for the first time. And then they had a chuckle for the first time, too!

 

"That's an odd noise," Suzi exclaimed, William nodded smiling. So, they giggled softly. Then louder. Then louder. Even louder now. And a few minutes later the whole town joined in on this song of laughter, and everyone was grinning greatly. Some were even hugging each other! Everyone in LonleyVille weren't lonely anymore because of Suzi Sad.

 

Now, everyone knows how to laugh, how to be friend, how to be a good neighbor, and most importantly how to love. And that's all because Suzi Sad and William K. Depressed got their mail at the same, and all because Suzi looked to the right, then to the left. And all because they stared at each other and Suzi decided to think, all beacause William cried a joke, and all because two neighbors were talking, we all learned how to love.

© 2011 Brittany


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thanks for reading(:

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
1 Review
Added on November 20, 2011
Last Updated on November 20, 2011

Author

Brittany
Brittany

gilbert, AZ



About
I am young and I enjoy writing! I've been told by many teachers that I should enter writing contests, so I'm finally giving it a shot! I like descripting exactly how I see things, so give my storys .. more..

Writing