The Silent Court

The Silent Court

A Poem by youresuffering
"

Interpret at your own will, writing is not defined to what the writer wants.

"

Speaking in soliloquies, naught an audience

A ray of light from the early morning, sheds on the empty seats,

filled with dust, but held to perfection, not in use

The author, once speaking, looks around, he shuffles the stack of paper,

he turns, walking to the edge of the curtain.

The chains, once idle, spring to life, “Speak out! for I am listening

With dread he turns “I spoke my protests, in turn you shined, glistening in this once erupting theatre, but fore I spoke more I knew best, might you not indulge, nor yet I assure you would far too pleased to hear them… you might recoil and in turn, ripping bone from place, flesh from stagnant comfort… I fear, it could bring my own destruction. I much rather bid you adeiu.

The chains cry, “You wreak havoc on me for? An agreement to ask, never fulfill! You once more will, naught your cries, shan’t you have enough?

The paper crumpling from the gripping hand, he speaks coarsely “Protest what you will. My words are no more, for I rather constant inquires, than the guillotine to drop on my already closed throat…

The sound of creaking floorboards, and a straining breath, a dragging limb, exit the stage, sound leaking off in the distance…

© 2024 youresuffering


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on January 4, 2024
Last Updated on January 4, 2024
Tags: Sorrow, Poetry, Story

Author

youresuffering
youresuffering

About
I write in poetry prose, simply starting off, enjoy. more..

Writing