Auburn Sunsets Observed Through Car Windows

Auburn Sunsets Observed Through Car Windows

A Poem by Kathryn Hunt

I want to know the colors that you feel, that you've felt.

I want us to take a whole gold-and-green tin of Crayola crayons and dump them out on this seventies shag carpet and I want us to scribble out the whole of our lives. Our lives in colors, in emotions. I want us to cover a canvas in colored crayon wax and we'll pay someone to hang it in a cafe, where we will sit with contented smiles and listen to what people think about these lives that lack logic, that contain only feelings. We will listen to them laugh and cry as they follow lines of goldenrod and indigo and periwinkle - for that is why we used Crayola, for all those names attached to all those shades, an infinite variety far better suited to our souls then words like 'remorseful' or 'nostalgic'. We will listen to them wonder how many lives are in that canvas. I wonder how many lives are in that canvas. For we are made up of hundreds, of thousands of lives that twist and twine and intersect for just moments. And we are each our own life, our own microcosm of existence. And we are two lives, for there is one third soul, a horizon love child that only exists where the lines of your sea-green and my twilight-sky-blue run together.

© 2008 Kathryn Hunt


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow, i was intrigued just by the title and now i'm glad that i read that.

could you imagine if you went through the whole 64 crayon boy and renamed them all? giving them titles that the color reminded you of...
i need a label maker.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
1 Review
Added on February 7, 2008

Author

Kathryn Hunt
Kathryn Hunt

About
I said to Life, I would hear Death speak. And Life raised her voice a little higher and said, You hear him now. --Kahlil Gibran My soul is made of other people's words. I try to breathe through th.. more..

Writing
For Bee For Bee

A Poem by Kathryn Hunt