If It Had Not Come

If It Had Not Come

A Story by Thalassa

Awake by night and asleep by day; the way of the owl is ostracized. With its dawn glimmered eyes to that of the dark side of the moon, and its fur of haven; the owl never deceives. An amalgamation of mystery and taunting envelope the owl as the zephyr on the brim of the night's stay. As it flaps its wings on the dead of night, it sees drought on the farmland it once called home. The ominous clouds gathered upon it, and wished the owl a mournful trip toward memory lane.

 

It passes through the forest with branches slim as the lining of one's finger. The embroidered patches of greens were replaced with smooth land, dappled with the grimace of the past. As the owl lands on the surface, it suddenly got caught in thorns etched hidden above the surface. It struggles to escape and break free from the thorn's crevices and corner. It ended up hurting its wing as it falls badly, feeling the viscous wine from its ripped wing.

 

The midnight wakes the owl from its unconsciousness. From the thicket of pressure and manipulation, it hates the sun for it always shone. It blames its broken wing and broken heart on the sun, for if it had not shone and rose every single day, the owl does not have to be alone and helplessly independent. The farmers do not have to sell their property for money if the sun had not shone. The night would have not been fearsome and hated if the sun had not shone.

 

But amidst all this, the owl could not do anything but loathe in the dark. For how could it do something about the sun when it knows nothing about the light?

 

 

© 2019 Thalassa


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the use of analogy. It's inspired!

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
1 Review
Added on July 24, 2019
Last Updated on July 24, 2019
Tags: #sun, #owl, #nature, #night, #day, #reason, #dark, #light, #creativewriting, #shortstory

Author

Thalassa
Thalassa

Quezon City, NCR, Philippines



About
filled with incredulous thoughts, but constantly creating a sea of stories with them; more..

Writing