New Journey

New Journey

A Story by Drizzle
"

Thus is a recap of my last year in high school.

"

My high school senior year turned out to be pretty great. Yes, it could have been better but I feel like I was one of the few seniors who can say that even with all the stress going around I was still able to make the best out of my last year in High school.

I remember how excited I was when the school year started. I was still going out with my previous boyfriend and lets just say that things weren't as great as they were supposed to be. I had lost one of my closest friends because it turned out that we had completely different interests, but on the other hand I was part of this amazing college program that was helping me apply to all these great schools.My first "wall" was when I had to drop my calculus class because I had a lot to deal with and I just didn't have time to keep up with such a demanding class. I felt really inferior because all my other nerdy friends were taking the class and I just felt like I was no longer good enough.

When my birthday came I was excited and I went to the movies with some of my friends and  during the monday after my birthday, some other friends of mine surprised me with gifts. I will say that I felt really special and I actually felt like I had people around me who cared allot me. Sadly my mom wasn't talking to me during the week of my birthday so when my brother and my dad were wishing me happy birthday she just acted like nothing was going on. That hurt my feelings but I was at a point where I didn't care anymore. I was happy that someone had taken the time to celebrate me and I wasn't going to let myself feel bad on my 17th birthday.

After that, came my other "wall" which was the college application process.Things were going smooth and easy until I realized that private schools did not recognize my Asylum status. This meant that I was doomed and I was probably not going to get accepted to a lot of private schools. I was somehow able to get through that face and next came the joy face. I was starting to get really close to a guy that I had had a crush on for so long. I broke up with my other boyfriend because I realized that I was just wasting my time with something that wasn't bound to go anywhere.

I remember the excitement I felt when I got accepted to all my UC schools but I will never forget how I felt when I saw that UCLA acceptance. It made me feel like I was actually good at something. I was scared of going to the school and for  long period of time I set my mind on the fact that I was going to end up at F&M . I was able to do my college fly outs which were so fun, I met new people and I got to feel what college would be like. At the end of the day I ended up choosing to go UCLA. I have a full ride to go to the school and even though I am scared I can say that I am a little too excited. I hope that everything works out in college...

© 2016 Drizzle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on June 30, 2016
Last Updated on June 30, 2016

Author

Drizzle
Drizzle

CA



About
I use this website to let out feelings that i'd rather not say in person. I am a very emotional person and I often cry over the dumbest things. However, it is through this that I am able to maintain .. more..

Writing
Thank you Alex Thank you Alex

A Story by Drizzle


Summer 18' Summer 18'

A Story by Drizzle