The Little Rag Doll

The Little Rag Doll

A Story by yycg
"

A simple short story of the life of a happy but forgotten rag doll

"

No one knows how little dolls feel. They are precious little memory boxes that only remember the cheerful memories they had with their owners, and after they are abandoned and left isolated in one corner of the room, the only thing that keeps their souls deep within them alive is the warmth they once experienced with their owners, even if it was just one night, or even one lovely hour.

 

She was just a dirty, mundane rag doll lying the corner of the storeroom. Indeed, one could not deny how ugly she looked with her face smudged with dirt and her broken limbs that were beyond repair. She was just a torn and tattered dingy figure with a little embroidered Scottish coat draped over her shoulders. Her eyes were a deep sea-blue with wonderful long eyelashes; and for some strange reason they seemed to glimmer cheerfully under the thin ray of light shining through the little hole in the wall.

 

The bright, cheerful days when she used to play with the little girl and had fun under the sun seemed worlds away. Happy memories flooded her mind; the times when she used to cuddle up to sleep with her at night and feel her naturally-curling golden-brown hair caressing her cheeks; the times when they used to go out for picnics together; her little red mouth curled up into a sweet cheerful smile. She was most proud of the beautiful lace trimmed gloves slipped on her little hands, as they were handmade by the little girl and they contained the love the she had for her then.

 

Did you notice that dolls seldom frown? They are cute happy creatures; and they never reveal their inner self, they just learn to appreciate the very little they have.  And the dolls that start off smiling never frown again, and they live their lives smiling through all the ups and downs, because they forget all their sorrows almost immediately.

 

And so was this doll, and she never frowned again, for all she knew in her entire life was that she was a happy little doll who was once cherished by a little girl.

© 2015 yycg


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on May 3, 2015
Last Updated on May 3, 2015
Tags: doll

Author