Fall For Me

Fall For Me

A Story by Zi

I fell in love yesterday.  She was fun, funny, pretty, and a little dangerous. She was everything you would expect from the perfect girl.  It was the most wonderfully beautifully amazingly blissful two hours of my life. 

I bumped into her at the last show of Streetlight Manifesto’s tour at the Highline Ballroom in New York City.  We were shouting at the tops of our lungs, jumping up and down, and paying absolutely no attention to the world around us except for those magnificent people on the stage. I might have jumped into her, or maybe she landed on me, I don’t know and it’s not really important. The important part is that it caused us to make eye contact.  In that brief moment in time the room was silent, the lights were on, and we saw past the outer shells of who we were. We saw each other’s souls.

There was nothing sexual about it. It was two people perfectly in sync. There were no messy words, or complicated situations. For two hours we jumped and screamed and danced and sang as one.  We had come with different groups, but we were there together. We were two parts of a single unit, a single being. We shared in our highs and lows. We fed off of each other’s emotions and they amplified our own. We were a perfect match.

But all concerts must end. People don’t realize it until it happens to them, but this kind of love happens all the time. People fall for other people like it was going out of style, but it never will, and it never has. When the show ends people go their separate ways. There are a lucky few, those one-in-a-million couples, who find each other again. Most people don’t. For most people the night ends with a train ride home, never even knowing their soul-mate’s name.

© 2011 Zi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

My Dear Writing Friend Zi,
A thought provoking read that made me ponder for hours. I loved the concept you expressed concerning eye contact. The eyes are the lamp of the soul and allow one to see the depth of a person’s pneuma. The pneuma in Stoic thought is the vital spirit, soul, or creative force of a person, that which is breathed or blown. An excellent write.

Blessings, Laughing-Bear


Posted 12 Years Ago


There's something so powerful and so fantastic about being perfectly in sync with someone, even if only for a brief time. I love the concept behind this beautifully written story.

Posted 12 Years Ago


What an awesome moment caught between two unsuspecting people. Magnetic and magical. Next time number! Get her number!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautifully written, Zi. I absolutely love it. Keep posting more work, darlin'.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

302 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 30, 2011
Last Updated on April 30, 2011

Author

Zi
Zi

Valley Stream, NY



About
Welcome to The Academy for Tortured Souls, I'll be your instructor... Well, that used to be me... I wrote the old bio when I first joined several years ago. I was an emotionally unstable teenager w.. more..

Writing
The Long Run The Long Run

A Poem by Zi


Pass me by Pass me by

A Poem by Zi


See Me See Me

A Poem by Zi