I Never Wanted...

I Never Wanted...

A Story by Zi

Have there ever been things you just didn't want to know? Things you wish you never even knew there was something to know about? Little things that seem big at the time, or big things that didn't appear relevant? Things like the details of the conversation when your father told your mother he didn't love her anymore, or that you uncle has a secret girlfriend and your cousin just told you that this whole divorce thing completely blind-sided him and that the only thing that isn't hitting the fan is that at least his father isn't seeing anybody already? Maybe there are things you wish you did know. Things like how that when your dad and his girlfriend went on that vacation it was actually a honeymoon. How long did they plan that trip? They must've known they were getting married, so did they decide not to tell you, or did it just slip their minds? Have you ever felt so completely inundated by life that you just wish it would stop? Have you ever felt like everything was in a fog and the only thing you can see is just past the edge of your bed? And that drop from the mattress to the floor just seems so big that you don't think you could survive getting out? Have you ever been confused about fundamental things in your life? Basic things like whether or not you care about yourself or the people around you? Or if any of it is really worth the stress and effort? Have you ever felt like me? Have you?

© 2011 Zi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. Just wow, darlin'. You never fail to amaze and surprise me.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think everyone can relate to this

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 30, 2011
Last Updated on April 30, 2011

Author

Zi
Zi

Valley Stream, NY



About
Welcome to The Academy for Tortured Souls, I'll be your instructor... Well, that used to be me... I wrote the old bio when I first joined several years ago. I was an emotionally unstable teenager w.. more..

Writing
The Long Run The Long Run

A Poem by Zi


Pass me by Pass me by

A Poem by Zi


See Me See Me

A Poem by Zi