Decisions

Decisions

A Story by Zi

God, make me good.

I want to be valiant, one of the faithful. I want to devote my life to heaven. I want to be like those who came before me, willing to give not just anything but everything. I want a life filled with sacrifice, and hope, and faith, and service, and joy, and charity. I want to keep every covenant and promise I've made with you. I want the spiritual gifts you promise throughout the scriptures. I want the blessings you bestow upon your most faithful. Use me to bless and love and serve others. I want the capacity to love more, both longer and more deeply.

But not yet.

Not today, and probably not tomorrow either. I want to hold him in my arms, to feel him breathing and his heart beat. I want to see him smile. I want to be the reason for that smile. I want the life of my dreams, the house, the job, the car, him. I want to kiss his face and neck and chest. I want to run my fingers through his hair. I want to have a contented smile, not a painful one. One that takes no effort, knows no hardship, and stays for long periods of times.

I want both things most.

 

God, make me good, but not yet.

© 2011 Zi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sad :(

Posted 13 Years Ago


I know, handsome. I understand. I hope that one day things will work out in your favor, even if its not in this instance.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 7, 2011
Last Updated on May 7, 2011

Author

Zi
Zi

Valley Stream, NY



About
Welcome to The Academy for Tortured Souls, I'll be your instructor... Well, that used to be me... I wrote the old bio when I first joined several years ago. I was an emotionally unstable teenager w.. more..

Writing
The Long Run The Long Run

A Poem by Zi


Pass me by Pass me by

A Poem by Zi


See Me See Me

A Poem by Zi