Clean Slate

Clean Slate

A Story by Zi

I find few things in life more comforting than washing dishes at three in the morning, when there is no rush, or place to be, when life can take a back seat to the operation. The effect is generally enhanced when "Such Great Heights" by The Postal Service is added to the mix. Content is this child on this morning. Today begins a new phase in my life. It's time to make a change, to breathe out my negativity. I start my new fitness routine after I wake up, which will be before nine o'clock. I will keep a log of what I eat, replace sugared beverages with water, and dust off the bicycle. I will do what needs to be done before one in the afternoon, including all my laundry (washed, dried, folded, and put away), cleaning the two bathrooms of my house, and removing all of my clutter from the first floor of my house. After that, I plan to ride at least 5 miles, hash out the chords to my latest musical endeavor ("It's Your Heart, Not Mine"), and begin reading George Leonard's "Mastery". Today will be the start of a brilliant time in my life.

© 2011 Zi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Such beauty in this, and you :) Love the positivity flowling through

Posted 12 Years Ago


You have my full support, my dear! I hope you attain and continue this goal with happiness!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 9, 2011
Last Updated on May 9, 2011

Author

Zi
Zi

Valley Stream, NY



About
Welcome to The Academy for Tortured Souls, I'll be your instructor... Well, that used to be me... I wrote the old bio when I first joined several years ago. I was an emotionally unstable teenager w.. more..

Writing
The Long Run The Long Run

A Poem by Zi


Pass me by Pass me by

A Poem by Zi


See Me See Me

A Poem by Zi