Not Them, So Why You?

Not Them, So Why You?

A Story by Zi

Did you think that I would change for you, that I would open up to you, a girl I met once three years ago? You "would rather have never loved at all than loved and lost", but you don't know love. You don't know me. To say you know me because you've read some of my work, without knowing the context or why, is like saying you understand how to paint a masterpiece because you saw a copy of a Monet once.

Do you realize how terribly naïve you are being? Do you see how insignificant this is on the path of life you walk? Your life is not in shambles because I don’t love you as you believe that you love me. Your life is in shambles because you want it to be. You want the drama, but only because you do not yet know that drama is not love. It takes no time to fall in love, but lifetimes to learn what love is. This is but a moment. Let it pass you by.

© 2011 Zi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Physicality first always ruins the emotional connection I think. What do I know though? Good piece though.

Posted 12 Years Ago


It takes no time to fall in love, but lifetimes to learn what love is. This is but a moment. Let it pass you by. I am speechless . The poem talks to me .





Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 19, 2011
Last Updated on May 19, 2011

Author

Zi
Zi

Valley Stream, NY



About
Welcome to The Academy for Tortured Souls, I'll be your instructor... Well, that used to be me... I wrote the old bio when I first joined several years ago. I was an emotionally unstable teenager w.. more..

Writing
The Long Run The Long Run

A Poem by Zi


Pass me by Pass me by

A Poem by Zi


See Me See Me

A Poem by Zi