Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
It Makes Me Wonder

It Makes Me Wonder

A Story by Zi

Every night when I walk home, I pass this van parked on the street in front of this house. The van is never there during the day, or at least not that I’ve ever seen. I assume it's the boyfriend's van because whenever I see them it's always him on top of her while they're making out in the passenger's seat and it doesn't make sense for them to switch seats first. Like I said, the van's been there every night for a couple of months now and the scene was always the same. When I walk past, I walk down the middle of the road. It’s always pretty late and I know there isn't any traffic. It’s just something I like to do when I walk at night. The van is always idling, but I never notice until I’m right about to walk past it because I always listen to music when I walk. I never notice, except in the winter when I can see the exhaust fumes pouring out of the tail-pipe. It always makes me a little nervous. What if they see me? I mean, a guy walking down the middle of the road at night? What if they think I’m watching them? What good reason can I give for walking down the middle of the road at night? But it's always the same and they never notice. They shouldn't notice. They’re clearly distracted by... other things. I suppose, in a way, I am watching. Not like some perverted sociopath, but in a more observational capacity. I see them as I walk by and it makes me wonder things. I start with logical questions, things like "how do they know somebody won't walk down the middle of the road at night while they're doing this?” followed quickly by "is this her house or his house?" I think it would be more likely hers rather than his. It would make sense that this is what occurs when he drops her off at the end of the night. Maybe neither of them belongs to that house and they just thought it would be a deserted street. Maybe this is the place where he had to pull over because the urge was too strong and they just keep coming back here. I wonder if she loves him, or he loves her, or both, or even neither. I hope they love each other. I hope because tonight seems to have been a big night for them. I walked down the middle of the road tonight and I saw the van. It was there, in its usual spot, parked in front of that house. It was idling away, as always, but something was different. He wasn't on top of her in the passenger's seat tonight. Tonight I just barely caught a glimpse of two silhouettes through the back window. It makes me wonder.

© 2011 Zi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

very interesting. it makes me wonder too. but i wonder more about the person watching and walking in the dark.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I liked this a lot. Maybe it is one of their parents houses and they can't go inside. I too walk down the middle of the street if it is dark, but I don't like passing vans in case someone jumps out of them. If I see a vehicle I walk on the other side. And I don't listen to music while I'm walking in case someone comes up behind me and I can't hear them. Thankyou that was great!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 23, 2011
Last Updated on June 23, 2011

Author

Zi
Zi

Valley Stream, NY



About
Welcome to The Academy for Tortured Souls, I'll be your instructor... Well, that used to be me... I wrote the old bio when I first joined several years ago. I was an emotionally unstable teenager w.. more..

Writing
The Long Run The Long Run

A Poem by Zi


Pass me by Pass me by

A Poem by Zi


See Me See Me

A Poem by Zi