The Popular Girls

The Popular Girls

A Poem by Zainab UF
"

Schools have the worst divisive politics, with students categorized as nerds, jocks, wallflowers etc. This poem is from the point of view of a "nerd" bullied by the shallow, popular girls.

"

The popular girls call me a geek

Because I spend time reading books

And not gossiping about boys.

Pardon me, haters of crazy, freak

Girls; I have better pastimes than playing with boy-toys.


The popular girls call me uncool

Because I don’t like makeup;

They say, “She’s so gross!”

Forgive me, queens of the school,

But my life’s not centred on lip-gloss.


The popular girls call me a tramp

Because I have glasses and braces

And don’t wear designer jeans of size zero.

Pardon me, rulers of the ramp,

But I scorn the diet regime of that hero.


The popular girls call me harsh words

Because I’m "a total loser"

Who dares to weave big dreams.

Forgive me, wielders of verbal swords, 

But I’ll persist even if you rip them at the seams.

© 2012 Zainab UF


Author's Note

Zainab UF
I would love it if you would take the time to review this poem! Constructive criticism is highly appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i hate those kind of girls too. They're just huge show-offs and delicate darlings who think all day about boys (sick!)
I loved this one!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Zainab UF

11 Years Ago

I'm happy you loved the poem! Thank you for taking the time to tell me so. :)
Aehr

11 Years Ago

it was my pleasure reviewing this piece. :)
I came to this poem from a review you did on Ashley Rives poem "Because I'm One Of The Few Girls". I would say pretty much the same thing to you here, but I wrote a lot and don't want to copy it. This is beautifully written and your strength comes through. The social part of school sucks. There, I said it. It was a long time ago for me, but I remember the grief and bs that went on day in and day out. You have writing talent and that will help you through it. What you write of is something that others can take strength from. My heart goes out to you...that means you wrote with feeling and your voice came through honestly. Please look at that review. I am so glad you mentioned your poem in it. I would not have wanted to miss this.

Hang in there...you are well on your way to being the one who stands above in the long run.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Zainab UF

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your appreciation and encouragement!
Shimmerbliss/CAF

11 Years Ago

:)
I like how you have taken the angst and made it rhyme. Also the way you assert yourself . lovely write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Zainab UF

11 Years Ago

I'm glad you loved it! Thanks for taking the time to review this.
This is very lovely and relate-able. I appreciate you for reaching beyond the "common" and tackling a new trend. Thank you for being you. (: This poem was quite enjoyable to read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Zainab UF

11 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words, Jessa! I'm happy you found the poem enjoyable.
That1Nerd23

11 Years Ago

Certainly! You're very welcome!
You wrote this wonderful poem using lovely rhyming pattern without sacrificing your emotion.You have vividly depicted your personal likings as against those of so-called popular girls.
I like to remind you that you are also a popular person.
Don't consider yourself as a unpopular person.


Posted 11 Years Ago


Zainab UF

11 Years Ago

I'm touched by the review and your kind words of encouragement!
zainul

11 Years Ago

Thank you for the compliments.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on July 11, 2012
Last Updated on July 11, 2012
Tags: popular girls, nerds, class division in schools, cliques, bullying

Author

Zainab UF
Zainab UF

Calicut, Kerala, India



About
I love writing, I honestly do. But if I had a school assignment to write about myself, it would definitely be the one with a big red F on it. I'm Zainab, a fifteen-year-old girl with a love for go.. more..

Writing
Black Black

A Poem by Zainab UF


The Doctor The Doctor

A Story by Zainab UF



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Papyrus Papyrus

A Poem by MOON


The Toy The Toy

A Poem by Persephone