Flashback

Flashback

A Story by Sandy sunday
"

Wrote for a English project :) ENJOY!

"

Flashback

 

I remember the days of happiness, sitting under the apple tree, watching the clouds flow by. My hair was brown; I was thin, very thin. About 4 foot 5. I was eight, and I loved it. I went to Kernersville elementary school I had many friends. Including Joey, he was my best friend. We met in preschool, and immediately had a bond. Joey’s family was rich, and I mean rich. They had the coolest stuff. All the video games you could think of, so much candy, 3 pools, and Joey had 2 rooms! All to himself! Everyone in my school was smart; there weren’t very many people who hated school. Except for Barbara. She was the school bully. I always thought Barbara was an unreasonable name. That name would suit a girl in the 1950’s, but 2001? Come on. Usually there is a group of cool kids, maybe some tall boys and their friends, strong people. But our school had Barbara, and her group of “followers”. Who, evidently, were all girls. They were the mean kids on the block; everyone wanted to be like them. Myself however did not. I hated her, and the rest of her followers. They bullied so many people. I remember the day I stood up to her. Joey was playing with his new transformers action figure that I had got him for his birthday, Barbara came over, kicked him and took his toy. I got really angry; I had put so much thought into his present. I didn’t know then, what went through my head, by the time I noticed what I was doing, I was kicking Barbara. The teacher ran over and separated us. I looked up at her and scowled. In the distance I could hear Joey crying. His toy had been broken, Barbara was crying too. She had bruises on her face, arms and legs. I felt bad for a moment, realizing what I had done. Next thing I knew, I was in the principles office, I was scared. It wasn’t a very pretty place, ugly pictures on the walls, brown walls, black desk, no window, sit out chairs, I hated it. I was so nervous that I was shaking. What was going to happen to me? My mom walked in, I started to cry, she was going to kill me! But she didn’t, she calmly sat down beside me and hugged me. I had to stand up and tell what happened. Then Barbara and Joey told their sides of the stories. Barbara lied! Said that I had just attacked her out of nowhere. But we all knew she was lying, even my mom. I got suspended for 2 days, in which my mom made me do work, write about how I could change things and what I should have done. It wasn’t that bad, I got to eat ice cream, and my dad read to me a lot. Over the course of 3 years, Barbara became a better person. By grade 6, she was a friend with almost everyone! It wasn’t; run from Barbara, she’s mean. It was; be friends with Barbara. She’s awesome! I remember her, Joey and me were the best of friends in grade 7. We would sit under that apple tree and laugh at our memories. I remember grade 8. When Barbara got cancer. They never told me what it was, just that she was very sick, and that she might have to move away. Joey and I were very sad; we lost one of out best friends. And now, as I sit under this apple tree, I remember how silly I was. All the things I believed. I miss Barbara, and her jokes. Joey and I are still friends we hang out a lot. But I have other things to worry about, like my kids, Barbara and Tim. Every time I sit under that apple tree, I doze off, and have that same dream, I always wonder what would have happened if we would have had the cure for cancer in 2002. Its 2030 now, and we finally have the cure. They say they will cut down my apple tree, and make that field into a strip mall; it wouldn’t be a strip mall though. It would be stripping me of happiness. 

© 2008 Sandy sunday


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

winage!!



Posted 15 Years Ago


THIS IS EFFING AMAZING!!!!
LOVE IT ALOT!!!!
Such a touching ending.
Excellent write my friend.
-Elissa

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 9, 2008

Author

Sandy sunday
Sandy sunday

Belleville, Ontario, Canada



About
I like everything, i read... every so often. Yes, i am the typo king. I was born on November 15, 1993. I am currently 15 and am in grade 10. Throughout my life, even at the age of 1, i was short. i am.. more..

Writing
txt tlk txt tlk

A Poem by Sandy sunday