Springtime Blues

Springtime Blues

A Story by zaney
"

a brief sketch of one of the more charming beings i've encountered.

"

She was the type of girl he’d always imagined falling in love with �" a rocky composite of accidents and spindly limbs and taste that always seemed to work out in the end. She was an artist; I mean of course she was an artist. Had he ever loved anyone else? She spent time on lines and block color �" it was her thing �" and had a lovely obscure attachment to everything. Her hair, oh god her hair, it was a swirling careful mess of perfect color and lifethreatening chaos, spilling atop a wide face of gorgeous harmony �" large, always astounded eyes and a twee nose (pierced with a ring!) and a small, pretty, red mouth that was so terribly delicate. Her inexplicable grace: they way she consumed cigarette smoke in elongated accidental clouds and walked with a loping bounce, as if keeping her feet on the ground required concentration. The way she could toss back a 40 and return with a giggle, only fragmentarily worse for the wear. Even when she was trashed, she was magnificent �" her eye makeup would run just a bit and her hair escaped some and her clothes seemed to fit her a little more loosely, and her bubbling mirth emerged like water.


I envied her. 

© 2010 zaney


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
Added on July 9, 2010
Last Updated on July 9, 2010

Author

zaney
zaney

Los Angeles, CA



About
i want you to know one thing. more..

Writing