A Prescription For Positivity

A Prescription For Positivity

A Poem by Zanna
"

Become your own best friend.

"
Promise yourself to write yourself a facebook status with two parts. The first part is something you LOOOVE about yourself. The second thing is a happy memory. It has more effect first thing in the morning, but can be done anytime of day. Post the status only to you, so private that no one else can see it. Take a few minutes to breathe and think about the two things you are about to write. Think of them as though there was a message within this post that was going to be for your daughter, favorite niece, sister, cousin, any young girl or woman who might not think the best of themselves at this point in their lives. So take the time to really think about a very happy moment, savor the feeling of that moment so when you go and write yourself that status.. not only will it start your everyday out positive and smiling, but your day will start twice as good because this time next year when facebook does it’s “facebook memories” thing and you see posts from years past there will be something you love about yourself, something you really love about yourself. Not just words, but heartfelt descriptions about what an amazing person you are. Only to be followed up by a happy memory. What a great way to start the day! You’ll be smiling from the inside out.

© 2016 Zanna


Author's Note

Zanna
What your thought's on the dialogue?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on April 19, 2016
Last Updated on April 19, 2016
Tags: young women, teenage girls, self confidence, powerful strong, lifting each other up, love yourself, happiness, confidence, women, girls, daughters, sisters

Author

Zanna
Zanna

Cocoa Beach, FL



About
I'm just starting to get back to writing 47 years into my life. It's something I've always loved but never stopped to enjoy. This here is my "why" more..