Waiting for you..

Waiting for you..

A Story by zarin zara
"

"I'm your . . girlfriend." I say to him with hesitation. "Oh, hey" he says with a small smile.He lost his memory He doesn't remember that he used to abuse me and hurt me..

"

Chapter 01

 

“How many times do I have to tell you! Don’t touch my stuff, b***h!!” Clay shouted with venom in his voice. “I was just trynna hel..” I tried to answer but he cut me off. “Don’t talk back to me!!” He slapped me so hard fell near the study table in his room. He slapped me so hard that my lips cut and blood drops fell from the cut. He saw the cut and the blood but he didn’t even bother to ask me if I was alright. He just left the place. I know where he’s going. He’s going to the bar.
My vision got blurry because tears started to form in my eyes. I tried to stop it. But I couldn’t. Tears started streaming down my eyes. I just stayed in the floor, numb. It’s not the first time he hurt me. Ever since I moved in with him, at his place all these hurting and abusing started.
It wasn’t like this before. We used to be good friends. He and I go to the same school. He is the quarterback of our school’s football team. So, he’s really popular and all. I am just a normal student. Good at my studies and have good grades. Not that much popular. Clay and I became friends after this project we’ve been paired together. It’s one of those friendships where you don’t hang out much but you can do anything for each other.
6 months ago he goes to a relationship with Rachel. Rachel is the head cheerleader. So they’re kindda like one of those perfect couples. Though Rachel never cared about Clay but Clay was more than into her. He really really liked her. After 4 months he broke up with her because she cheated on him with Justine. Justine Spades was the worst enemy of Clay. Nobody knows why but Justine and Clay hate each other and try to make each other’s life miserable. Justine was also on the football team. He was also very popular with girls and all. But when Clay broke up with Rachel he made Rachel his girlfriend. But he was a player. He only made her his girlfriend just to make Clay angry.
After that Clay kinda asked me out. I always had a secret crush on him. Who doesn't? So I agreed. But he never liked me in that way. He just wanted to make Rachel jealous and show everyone that he moved on. At first I didn’t know he was doing all these for her and his ego. But when Rachel move in at Justine’s place, he asked me to move on with him. I was shocked. I wanted to refuse him. But I couldn't because I wanted to be with him. And maybe because deep down inside I was hoping and waiting for him to be mine.. someday.


____________________________________________________________________________________


I pulled myself up and went to the washroom. I cleaned my cut then came to the kitchen counter. I came here at his place for almost 4 days now. I've been having dinner alone every night. He just doesn't come home for dinner. He goes to the bar. Drink like hell then comes home late night. I just have dinner and wait for him or watch tv. But today after having dinner I went straight to our room and then started packing my stuff. Enough of this relationship. I’m going back. I can’t continue like this anymore. I packed my bags and made some breakfast for him. Put a note on the kitchen counter saying- breakfast’s in the kitchen. I put another note on his table in his room saying-I can’t do this anymore. I thought you’d change but you didn't. I maybe like you a lot but I can’t put up with this abuse anymore.
I was about to leave when I saw him getting in the house. He was drunk as usual. He couldn’t walk on his own and almost fell. But I ran to him and held him. I helped him to walk and took him to our his room. I put him to bed.
I kissed him one last time then whispered “Good bye”. A tear escaped my eyes. I was about to leave when he caught my hand and called “Alice . ."



Chapter 02


“Alice . .”
He whispered my name.


I looked back at him and saw something that shocked me.
For the first time I saw tears in his eyes.

He was always the tough looking guy who doesn’t have much feeling. He was never the emotional type.

Well I guess that’s because he never shared his feelings with anyone.


 Come to think of it, he never did talk about himself or his feelings. I mean I’m his friend and even I don’t know how he felt about stuff.

“Why do people always leave me?”
He asked with a soft, drunken voice. There was so much innocence in his voice. It breaks my heart to hear him or see him like this.

“Clay, are you...are you alrig..”
I couldn’t finish. He started babbling something without looking at me.

“Why did dad never wanted to see me? Why did he leave? He never tried to know who I was..” he trailed off. A tear escape his eyes again.

“Your dad left you!?” I was shocked.
I didn’t know about his dad. He never told me. Well he never told anyone. Because if he did then people wouldn’t say that his dad was dead.

“..and mom..she..she never cared. You know? Like..she never loved me as her son. She never did. Why!?”
He pleaded for an answer. God! He looks so innocent. It’s really hard to believe that this is the same person who abused me and beat me the past few days.
“What do you mean?” I asked with care.

Clay didn’t look at me. He held my arms tightly and stared at the ceiling. After a few moments he started speaking and what I heard then moved me inside.

“Do you know why I live alone, Alice?”

I couldn’t answer that, because I honestly didn’t know anything about his family. Nobody did.
So I kept silent.

He took a deep breath then started again
“When my mom was pregnant with me, my dad left her. ‘Cause he never wanted a child. He never tried to know me. He never came to see me or tried to contact with me.
Mom always hated me ‘cause I was the reason why dad left her. So..she ..she never cared for me.. She never did”

He was crying now and so was I. He sighed and then said

“Mom got married when I was 12. My stepfather had another son who was also 12. He and his son never accepted me as a family. They both hated me. And mom never bothered to help me get along with the family.

I knew no one wanted me, so when I turned 18, I got out of there. Mom didn’t try to stop me at all. In fact she was happy that I was finally leaving. She even agreed to give me my expenses just to get rid of me.


The fact hurt me a lot that my mom really doesn’t want me. But still I got out of there because it was for the best”

He stopped for a while then looked at me deeply in the eye. We stared at each other for a while.

“Rachel. For the first time I liked someone. But I guess I’m just too damm unlucky. I guess I’m not for relations.” He sighed.

His eyes got watery again and started sobbing softly.
It breaks my heart to see him cry like this. My eyes were also flowing with tears.

I immediately pulled him in a big tight hug. With one hand I held him tight and the other’s fingers were running through his hear.
I tried to calm him down and sooth him by whispering in his ears.

“Hushhh..don’t cry. I’m here..” I can’t believe what I said next.

“I’ll always be right here with you, forever”
Even I couldn’t believe I said that. It kinda came out.

We stayed like that for a while then he fell asleep.

 




      ***

 

 



I walked to the study table and took the note I wrote earlier today. I put it in my notebook. It’s kinda like a personal diary where I write about my life, my feelings and all.
I put the diary in my closet, hidden from Clay or anyone.

I went back his our bed. I lay beside him and kissed him in the forehead. I whispered in his ear “Good night and I’ll be waiting for you . .”



Chapter 03



Clay’s P.O.V. 

I wake up with a bad hangover. I should stop drinking so much.
I turned around with a groan and see Alice sleeping next to me. She had this beautiful and small smile on her lips.
Her lips.. I notice a small cut on them. Small but deep. I immediately frown at that. that's from tomorrow i suppose. There were also some other bruises in her body. Some were fresh and some fade away.
I can’t believe I did that to her. Every time I hurt her I was either drunk or pissed off/frustrated. But still, I didn’t have any right to hurt her because of my frustration. That’s wrong. I wish I could control my anger a little bit. I should make it up to her for being such a jerk.
I know she really likes me and cares for me. That’s why she is still tolerating my misbehavior and abuse. I should really make it up to her by doing something nice for her.


I get off the bed and go to the bathroom. I’m feeling a little dizzy right now. I guess I drank a little too much last night. Well, it’s not my fault. Adam was the one who told me he saw Rachel and Justine having dinner at the restaurant. After that anger kinda rose into me. So I got pissed and drank like hell. Adam finally stopped me from drinking and dropped me home as I was too drunk to drive.
When I walked inside I saw Alice standing right in front of me holding a suitcase. Maybe she was leaving. I wanted to say something to make her stay. But I felt so dizzy and my knees felt weak. I was about to fall but Alice caught me and helped me to go to our room. She helped me to lie down on the bed. Maybe I was babbling something but I don’t remember what. I really can’t remember what happened next. Maybe I went to sleep. But if Alice was leaving then why did she stay?


I take a long shower. Get fresh and then started to get dressed when suddenly it hit me. I remember now. After coming to bed I told Alice about my family and my past. I clearly remember now what I told her.
Oh crap! This is not happening!

NO NO NO . . .
But I used to get drunk before and I never told anything about my past to anyone before. Then why on earth did I tell Alice about this?? Why ALICE!! ? I do not understand.

Well the good news is I didn’t tell everything to Alice. That’s a relief. I only told her about my father and some issues of my mother. Nothing else. Good.


I come downstairs as Alice was not in the room. Maybe she came downstairs when I was in the shower. I was wearing a blackish blue denim shirt and a pair of white pants.
I see Alice in the kitchen making breakfast. I smell freshly backed bacon and eggs. One of my favorite breakfasts.
It’s been almost a week since Alice came here and she has been taking care of everything. She has been preparing breakfasts for us before going to school. But usually I used to skip breakfast after the ‘Rachel incident’.

I walk inside the kitchen and sit near the kitchen counter. “Okay, now this is awkward” I thought to myself.


“Goo..good morning” I tried to say in a cheerful voice but fail miserably.

“Good morning” she replied with a smile.

Well she looks happy. What if she asks me something about last night? What am I suppose to say? Oh..I’m so confused :|


I looked at Alice again. She was looking cute. She was wearing a pair of short shorts which were black. Well they were not booty shorts. Knowing her, she would never wear something too revealing. She was also wearing a purple tank top. Her hair was tied up into a messy bun as she was working.
She looks really fresh this morning considering she just took a shower. She had this small grin in her face.
AWKWARD . . x_x

After the breakfast was ready she also sits down with me and we started to have our breakfast. We kept quiet and there was an awkward silence between us.

It’s Sunday and it’s a bright morning. School’s gonna start from tomorrow and we had nothing to do. Well, at least I didn’t.
“Okay Clay this is the right time. Just do it.” I say to myself “You are doing it for your best friend. Come on!"

“So..” I cleared my throat “do you wanna..like would you like to go..i mean..if you want that is..you know it’s Sunday..so we have nothing to do..so..” I couldn't spill it out.
She looked a little confused with a what-did-you-just-say type look. Well what’s her fault? I mean even I didn’t understand what I just said.

“You know..let’s go for some shopping or..i don’t know maybe a movie..and we can also have the lunch outside?”
She looked a little surprised at that so I directly ask her “Do you wanna go out today..with..with me?” I finally say to her.

She was still a little bit of confused but mostly shocked. She finally get a grip of herself and says “Yeah. Sure. I’d..I’d love that.”

“Okay then..you..you just go get ready and don’t worry about the dishes. I’ll do them.”
At first she looked a little surprised but then smile and nods.

© 2015 zarin zara


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I would say that the plot of this story is very interesting, if a little bit depressing. However, I wish you would go back and edit your stories before you post them, because the grammar makes it hard to get through, and the word flow could be worked on. Overall, good work though!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 1, 2015
Last Updated on May 1, 2015

Author

zarin zara
zarin zara

Bangladesh