the man on the road part 3

the man on the road part 3

A Story by zendikar
"

the start of the story of a lifetime!

"
Well here we go readers onto the story of a lifetime for those of you who have traveled with Jerry you will notice a whole different kind of story when you meet Steve!
*Yawn*
*Stretch*
"Rex, come here boy"! "Morning Rex wanna go out side, come on lets go"!!!
Steve, a young man in his late twenties, lived alone with his dog Rex. He lived on a little house on a big hill in a little town called Flourence, in the state of Ohio. Steve did not know what was going to happen today, and he did not know that it would change his life forever. Today was Steve's last day on Earth, well it was everyones last day on earth but Steve is one of the few people on earth that his last day is not today. You see years ago somewhere in Canada, a place where many a wondrous thing can happen mainly because of their awesome ability of having two languages on everything including the bottles of Hershey's syrup that you use to make that chocolate milk with every morning, a scientist by the name of Eugene Stomper, a man of great intellect and small confidence, created the first spaceship that could travel at the speed of light! But, as soon as the Canadian Government found out that Eugene could actually only read one of the languages on the Hershey's bottle, they promptly kicked him out of Canada, because everyone knows you can only visit Canada for a couple of weeks before you get kicked out unless you can entirely read the Hershey's bottle to the highest ranking Canadian officer at the time. Thats when Eugene decided to move to a little town in Ohio, the town of Flourence. Once in Flourence Eugene brought together the smartest of the smart, and all of his Star trek buddies to help him make a secret base to continue and improve upon his spaceship, also he did not want to pay taxes and everyone knows that if you build a secret base underground that the government does not know about then you do not have to pay taxes, and trust me readers you wouldn't want to pay taxes on a spaceship either. Well if you have been paying close attention you will have noted that Steve's house lies atop a large hill, and that when you're building a secret lair underground you often need to do so under said type of hill well, it just so happens that directly under Steve's house was this secret lair. Now back to Steve.

"Wow Rex it sure is hot out here" lets go back in and have breakfast" said the sweating Steve, as he headed back for the house. Rex wouldn't follow though, which was not an odd occurrence seeing as Rex is a dog and often they like being outside even when it's hot. So Steve went back inside and started cooking some eggs, it was a normal morning for Steve, cooking his normal eggs while Rex played out side just hanging out at his normal home because it was his normal day off just like every Tuesday, Steve finished cooking his eggs and went to his normal table pulled out his normal chair and started to eat like normal, while eating he looked out his normal window and could see the normal enlarging Crack in his lawn with a large Metallic object proceeding to rise up out of it...... "What the @$#%" Steve jumped up from his seat and ran out his, beautifully well made by a expert wood carver from Peru, door. "Rex"!!!! "REX WHERE ARE YOU, WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE". The crack was opening wider by the second, and on the large object rising from it you could read L.A.R.P., which made Steve pause for a moment and think... L.A.R.P. what is this some kind of geek fest from under my yard? ...that moment of pausing was just enough time for the crack to open up under Steve causing him to fall! 

Well you will have to read the next installment of the man on the road if you wish to find out what happens next, I do not have the biggest of attention spans so sorry about the cliffhanger ending haha maybe it will make you read the next one!

© 2010 zendikar


Author's Note

zendikar
Any and all tips are greatly appreciated also i can always use names for characters if anyone wants their name to appear in the story simply tell me your name in the review and I will see what i can do also tell me how often you want your name to appear! thank you everyone!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

don't get me wrong I like the story, your paragraph are to long, there are so many places where you could... or should split them... coming right and saying things like the world is going to end doesn't help... you add it into the story... Wait tell it happens and then describe how it happens... coming out and just saying it's going to happy makes this story not as fun for me at least to read... thankfully I'm dyslexic so whatever mistakes you had didn't bug me, but... it's still important

Posted 13 Years Ago


I AM SO ENTERTAINED!!!! this is a very amusing piece. your "a man on the road" series if you could call it that is a great one to read for anyone who wans to just wind down and have a good chuckle. seeing as this is a somewhat comedic piece, the odd wording works. anywhere else, it would've just been bad grammar, but here, it's a great technique.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Steve seems to live an abnormally normal life...until the metallic thing, the crack,the rising object and his fall

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow babe, so far so good....definitely a captivating little story. Keep up the good work, and you should SO put my name into this story somewhere ! :D that would make me thuper happy!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 3, 2010
Last Updated on June 3, 2010

Author

zendikar
zendikar

Stroudsburg, PA



About
im a simple guy i like to write things that are fairly short and to the point but with hidden deeper meanings! I also love having fun! Read my writings to learn more about me! more..

Writing