Normal?

Normal?

A Story by danny
"

black sand rest upon the earth

"
Normal?:::

Going through the albums, Rhea saw herself growing up with every turn of the pages of the album. She couldn’t help but compare her current self with her childhood self.

 

She was happy and innocent back then. She used to love unconditionally. For Rhea, her current self was a sad replica of her childhood self. Her innocence had faded long ago and she could hardly trust anyone.

 

Such changes had come upon her owing to the influence of various people in various stages of her life. Some of them hurt her and taught her about life the hard way. She never had the opportunity to give them their well-deserved closure.

 

She walked to her cupboard, tore off a piece of paper, divided it into little pieces and began to write.He’s dead! HE IS DEAD! War has rendered you a widow! How many times do you want me to repeat this same sentence?” her mother shakes her by her shoulders in an attempt to bring her out of her world of utopia.I want to dust off the sadness I’m filled with and sew all the cracks in my heart and brim this organ with happiness and enjoy life to bits. But I also want to safeguard that sadness and decorate it with glitters and ribbons and paintings and poems.

 

I want to put my insecurities to sleep and hang onto every ounce of courage to explore the unexplored and name all the stars that lie within me and work till work asks me not to. But I also want to cuddle beneath my blanket and hibernate for months at a stretch.When nights forget to bring sleep along, I often taste this conversation at the back of my throat. And I often stand at the abyss of my soul and dive into the darkness in search of answers.the subconscious voice continues to haunt me, leaving me with a single mind-boggling question- Am I weird or am I normal?

© 2018 danny


Author's Note

danny
puzzling maybe still hope you enjoy

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Touching emotion as I lived this part of Rhea. We all wish to hold onto the innocence of our youth and I could really imagine her thumbing through the pages of the photo album as we all have, reliving fond memories.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 6, 2018
Last Updated on March 6, 2018
Tags: mist curious bang

Author

danny
danny

sliema, st julians, Malta



About
pensive passive procrastinator more..

Writing
Vengeance Vengeance

A Story by danny


Shower Shower

A Story by danny