The Awe of Betrayal

The Awe of Betrayal

A Poem by Hello, Goodbye
"

..loyalty in the face of betrayal.. is it possible..

"
I feel numb. 

The pit of my stomach screams at me with an acidic pain of knowledge. This awareness that has befallen me is infinitely horrid. Im in a constant state of perplexity with these stabbing pains that puncture me. This secret that has been revealed feels like it could be the death of me.. 
I feel nothing.. 

Nothing that can build to something good. Honesty is good but this candor to my core it shook. Betrayal of the most personal kind.. and answers I cannot find, to kill this revelation that has destroyed me. 

I now know.. 

Forever I will not be as I was before.  

For myself has crumbled into chunks of vulnerability that I cannot hide.. the viral imagery is alive.. as it seeks only destruction of a psyche that was fine but now it does not seem to function. 
I dont understand.. 

For barely I can accept.. this affair that has transpired,  to make my life a laughing jest. 

The situation now altered by a foul action committed.. but it was against ME.. so why do I feel so insipid.. dirty, filthy is who I am, but my body is clean in action, yet my mind is filled with imagery of that horrid infidelity.. 
I am filled with jealousy.. befuddled.. mental atrophy.. 
Annihilation of my heart and all the feelings, what a lark..
And the irony of this fallacy is that those feelings held.. 
The feelings speak of my continued devotion ..  a notion that I cannot quell. 

© 2011 Hello, Goodbye


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

And there's the rub, right there at the end....

"The feelings speak of my continued devotion .. a notion that I cannot quell. "

The worst kind of pain. Very well and heart rendingly portrayed.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Another poem about a stabbing pain, you're usual theme? Anyhow, I like the layout, raw with human emotion. I like that about you, well penned.

Posted 12 Years Ago


this has a unique style to it. very nice

Posted 12 Years Ago


Painful peice, but wonderfully done..

Posted 12 Years Ago


To feel the pain with each stroke of your pen, you drew me into your nightmare and I felt your anger and pain so strongly. I felt the filth you feel on you and the complete and utter betrayal. I love the way you have this poem structured, the setting is perfect for the thoughts you were processing. I agree with what Myrcei on a few things but most important I think we need to be slashing some tires. Although it's not the adult thing to do doesn't mean you can't feel it... Maybe even burning some clothes. : )

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was intense. I feel like slitting some tires now. I really love how the images you created shook me. I felt your angst like it was my own.

The one critique that I would give is that sometimes your vocabulary was distracting from the image. Because some of the words were not exactly everyday words, I felt pulled out of the world of the poem at times.

My favorite aspect of the whole piece was how you had those short sentences and then the longer paragraphs. I've never seen that done before, and I think that it suits the subject matter and emotion very well. I mayy just have to steal that. :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


Infidelity can cause many emotions for it shakes our core our foundation of something good. It shatters our heart and leaves our love at a loss. The love doesn't instantly go away and sometimes it can be resolved and sometimes it is too hard to try to fix what has been broken. This is an emotion filled piece that clearly states what can happen.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TJ
And the irony of this fallacy is that those feelings held..

most powerful line of the poem in my opinion. wonderful piece

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
☯
"Betrayal of the most personal kind.. and answers I cannot find, to kill this revelation that has destroyed me."
Betrayal is a cruel, destroying feeling. A haunting and dark poem, a feeling of losing hope. Hate, revenge, and mixed emotions becoming one. Amazing write. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

466 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 10, 2011
Last Updated on June 10, 2011
Tags: Love, Hate, Despondency

Author

Hello, Goodbye
Hello, Goodbye

Bobland, NY



About
I'm really actually Bob. more..

Writing