Wild and Green

Wild and Green

A Story by Céce
"

Writing practice, topic "Wild", May 13, 2010

"

 

 

I drive with the Saab roof open, both windows down; the notebook almost flies out the window into the suction of other cars passing. If it’s a Saab going by, it can take my writing. But it’s not, and I reach over to hold onto my notebook, stuffing it under my purse on the passenger seat.

 

Wildness has credibility. The right kind. I’m not a party monkey, I don’t dive off cliffs, get drunk. But I don’t have many of the barriers that humans usually have"mental fences. I bend the wire, avoid the barbs, chainsaw the posts. There’s a lot of wilderness to the mind.
 
The virtue asserted itself physically when I was little. I was naive, lacking inhibitions, testing rules; I refused to wear shoes and I refused to play with Barbies. Dad and Mom found this behavior disturbing. Now the freedom is in my mind and people respect it. They never say it, but they secretly want it.
 
In love, wildness is the air you breathe--otherwise, you'll shut down. If new territory isn't being touched, the love wilts, becomes a stark growth of anger, a blaze doused within a moment. On the other hand, people sometimes push so hard for newness that it resists them. They wear out. The cure is learning how to open your mind without trying to truck in wildness in like a commodity.
 
Wild. The word denotes a loss of control, a loss of knowing the consequences or a refusal to abide by them. People have a choice to be wild. Do they? Or is it human nature to shoot boldly into the backwoods of behavior?
 
 

© 2010 Céce


Author's Note

Céce
writing practice, first handwritten, slight editing

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your thoughts on wildness are very good, lots to think about. I can relate to many things written here. I also have always pushed the rules and also did not play with dolls which disturbed my parents. I liked your beginning with the notebook almost flying out the window, this has happened so often to me since I always have a notebook with me when driving to record those interesting thoughts that jump into my head. I liked reading your writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Nice, definately gives me something to think about. wat does it mean to be wild? and how does one explore it? these are questions that can only be answered by one experiencing them themselves.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Your thoughts on wildness are very good, lots to think about. I can relate to many things written here. I also have always pushed the rules and also did not play with dolls which disturbed my parents. I liked your beginning with the notebook almost flying out the window, this has happened so often to me since I always have a notebook with me when driving to record those interesting thoughts that jump into my head. I liked reading your writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

great write, and incredibly vivid i must say. i just love the thoughts you invoke with those questions at the end. awesome write

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A subject of reality in that we all wish to have that wild side roaming everywhere and escaping into its craziness...and yes some of us are born with it or into that wild nature of life...

nice work...

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a wonderful collection of thoughts. It would be the perfect dialogue for a menage. I loved the imagination you brought to the page. You made contemporary life shine with a sort of magic. There was no unicorns or heroes throwing fireballs, but it was just as interesting. The questions you've posed were deep and thought provoking. Sweet story. These intimate portraits are always my favorite.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

764 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 13, 2010
Last Updated on May 13, 2010

Author

Céce
Céce

Pretty Spokane, WA



About
A woman. more..

Writing
First touch First touch

A Poem by Céce



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Hush Hush

A Poem by Magdelena