You Were There

You Were There

A Poem by zoEstrr

The entire day I could feel
My heart slipping and missing its beats
My heart stopping and spilling on feet.

A curl of hair
Sparkle of eye
Got my soul singing
Then I was dying.

I could have sworn I saw you
Moments ago
Your smile catching and you
Moving with flow

I could have sworn I heard your name
Whispered like the wind
Almost a game

Some days you never fail to surprise
Other days you just slip off my mind
So here is a really, proper good-
                                                 B
                                                      Y
                                                           E
                                                                 ...

© 2010 zoEstrr


Author's Note

zoEstrr
"The entire day I could feel
My heart slipping and missing its beats
My heart stopping and spilling on feet."
This is pretty straight forward, like when you're caught off guard, seeing someone who meant something to you, then realising that you've got the wrong person and your heart starts to steady then another person walks along and your heart does a flip because the person did the exact same thing as your loved one. That's what's happening here.

"A curl of hair
Sparkle of eye
Got my soul singing
Then I was dying."
Familiar features of the person on someone else, it just gets to you. The brief image of the person in your head and the surge of happiness then not even two seconds later, you feel like your heart is being ripped at the reminder of him/her.

"I could have sworn I saw you
Moments ago
Your smile catching and you
Moving with flow"
Seeing him/her in someone else you met or saw on the streets. Someone walking past and somehow, you thought that was him/her. The reality that you are no longer in contact with the person, the feeling you get when you remember the good times you had and the feeling of missing him/her.

" I could have sworn I heard your name
Whispered like the wind
Almost a game"
It's like God is playing with you, somehow giving you false hope that you'll meet them again on the streets, somehow hearing their names when it was a completely different word that came out.

"Some days you never fail to surprise
Other days you just slip off my mind"
Most days, you wake up and the person is just in your head, other days you forget about him/her. About everything you guys had. The feeling of guilt for forgetting the person. And so to wash away this guilt, you decide to call it quits and just say goodbye.

"So here is a really, proper good-
B
Y
E
..."
The effect was to give it a drag and to show how the mood dies. From a smile of remembering him/her to the sadness that comes after that when you realise you can't exactly say it to their face or give them a last final brief hug. The dots are there to symbolize a continuation of the feeling, like dragging the feeling and taking that few seconds to remember the person in general.

Hope you enjoyed the poem and I hope it related to you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amazing, and I can relate. Good job.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 18, 2010
Last Updated on February 18, 2010

Author

zoEstrr
zoEstrr

Singapore, Marine Terrace, Singapore



About
I'm Zoie Esther, therefore, by default, I'm awesome. Okay, right. Now on to more serious stuff. I'm only 17, go easy on me, haha. I don't mind critiques, just be reasonable. I would love to hear what.. more..

Writing
Lost Love Lost Love

A Story by zoEstrr