Glass Dance

Glass Dance

A Story by zoEstrr

So she looks at her and smiles weakly, " And once more, I'm torn apart. It feels like an old, old dance on glass."
Heather smiled back and answered, " On ice, more precarious."
Leigh's small smile disappeared again and she looked up in the starry night sky, the fire crackling in front of them, " Ice doesn't make you bleed," She told her best friend softly. Suddenly, her tone changed, into the one Heather was more used to, the carefree jokes that Leigh loved to make, " Unless you're talking about frostbite," She smiled, " Everything is so numb that you don't feel the pain anymore."
Heather grinned and playfully punched Leigh's arm, " Stop being such a pessimist. You'll get over it."
Leigh retaliated and launched herself into a full on tickle war. What Heather did not know was that no matter how much they try to repair, it's already broken. That no amount of tape is going to change what was done. Leigh was so used to what was happening now that she did not bother anymore, trying to help only made things worse. Clearing up the fog only made the air dustier. When they both fell asleep in their sleeping bags, the two girls dreamed.

Heather dreamed of living underwater. She felt free, she swam past the old battleship ruins and in her dreams, she saw the fallen Atlantis, the city still perfectly preserved in the past. There were seaweed which grew to be three storeys high and glistened in the sea under the mid-day sun. Heather could feel her lungs filling in with cold oxygen, she was breathing underwater. Then, she was in the great halls of Atlantis, floating from room to room. As she stepped into one of the bedrooms of a princess, she turned and saw a mirror. Curious, Heather swam closer. In the mirror, she saw a clear reflection of a girl. It was Leigh. Heather's heart missed a beat and she woke up.

Leigh only saw darkness around her, she could feel something cold beneath her feet but she could not pinpoint exactly what they were. Just then, a single spotlight was suddenly cast on her. Leigh felt the warmth of the light, taking this opportunity she looked down to see what she was standing on. It was shining and it was transparent. It was shards of broken glass. Leigh suddenly felt her feet move on their own accord. Gracefully, her body went with the flow, moving silently on the pieces, her arms beautifully matching the steps of her feet. Leigh could feel the coldness jabbing at her feet, tearing her sole wide open but she could not stop the dance, the slow, emotionless dance. She closed her eyes and let her feet lead her, if she can't stop them, then she might as well embrace it. The pain seared and the heat from the wounds attacked her mind but she wouldn't stop. Turning and spinning on the broken dreams and hopes, she finally opened her eyes and saw the glass had turned red, stained from her blood. Just then, she lost control and fell over, hitting the ground. It turned out to be ice and snow. The beautiful sea of red grew bigger and redder until Leigh could not feel the cold anymore, until she was just lying on the piece of white, until she closed her eyes.

© 2010 zoEstrr


Author's Note

zoEstrr
The conversation actually took place. Me being Leigh and my best friend, Dionne, being Heather. The rest of the story after that is fiction. I might continue the story, I might not. Comments are appreciated! :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Haha okay, thanks for your review! (:

Posted 14 Years Ago


I can feel emotion put into this write. Rather it's fiction or not it fits really well. I mean I would like to see more but that is up to you. Wonderful write I thought

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 19, 2010
Last Updated on February 19, 2010

Author

zoEstrr
zoEstrr

Singapore, Marine Terrace, Singapore



About
I'm Zoie Esther, therefore, by default, I'm awesome. Okay, right. Now on to more serious stuff. I'm only 17, go easy on me, haha. I don't mind critiques, just be reasonable. I would love to hear what.. more..

Writing
Lost Love Lost Love

A Story by zoEstrr





Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Compartment 114
Compartment 114