Graduation Speech

Graduation Speech

A Story by ♋ Iris ♋
"

I had to do this for class. What do you guys think?

"

Welcome parents, staff, coaches, friends, and graduating class of 2022. I am Jessa and I am here, as an alumnus, to first off thank the people who are in our audience today. Without the love and support of each and every one of you, I feel that this graduating class would be much smaller. All of the little things you have done for each of these young adults has been an important step to reaching this goal. Graduates, you are about to step across this stage and step into your future.

It’s an honor to come back to Garrett High School and to talk to this year’s graduating class of 2022. I was in the graduating class of 2014 and coming back here, I notice how much things change in just the eight years of being gone. A lot changed when I was here as a student. My freshmen and sophomore year was spent in a completely different school building.

            Graduates, take a look at the people next to you. You guys have made it through twelve years of school and here you are, ready to reap the rewards of the hard work. I will have to apologize in advanced for my childish examples in the rest of my speech. I work in the voice over division at Disney Studios and I absolutely love children’s shows.

            Addressing the parents at this time, on behalf of the students, I would like to thank you for putting up with them… especially in the mornings. Most of the teenagers I’ve been around have always had a hard time waking up in the mornings. You guys would be Kangas in this little adventure through Hundred Acer Wood High School. You get up and send your little Roos off to school. Even though in the morning, your little Roos would act more like little Eeyors.

            Students the mornings would continue with “Eeyor” behavior until they meet their friends. Yes, all of the Pooh Bears of their class always seem to make their day. Then the group of Pooh Bears would go to their next class and, unfortunately, they had to split up. They would sit down as shy as Piglet and just try to get through that class without being too awkward.

            The Piglets run out of the class as soon as the wise Owls announced that class was done. If they were lucky, they would get to go to a class with their Pooh Bears now. This is the time where I would like to say thank you to the staff, for being the wise Owls that led us to this moment of celebration. We thank you even though you gave them projects and assignments as scary as Heffalumps and Woozles.

Your Tigger side was exposed during lunch when all of the Pooh Bears got to eat in the lunchroom. The place was so loud that you could barely hear yourself think.

Next you would go to that class that you excelled in. You would love doing anything in that the Owls gave you. You did everything with perfect precision like little hard working Rabbits. Everything had to be perfectly neat. You Rabbits got great grades in this class and normally had good relationships with the Owls.

Last block would normally be another time that your Tigger moments came out, especially on the last few days of school. Even more so on the last days of your high school careers. Now you Hundred Acer Wood High School students are about to step out into the real world and become Kangas and Owls of your own.

I would personally like to wish all of you luck on your adventures and I wish you all the best. High school was the first step, but never forget the friends you have made here. I promised to keep this short so I will end with a quote. In the words of Christopher Robin: “Promise me you’ll always remember. You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” Thank you and good luck graduates. 

© 2013 ♋ Iris ♋


Author's Note

♋ Iris ♋
I had to do this for class. What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good luck on the speech it is a good one

Posted 10 Years Ago


♋ Iris ♋

10 Years Ago

Thanks babe. I'll try.
I love it Jess! It's amazing and I love how you used the characters throughout the whole thing. :3 Good luck on the speech!

Posted 10 Years Ago


♋ Iris ♋

10 Years Ago

Thanks~ I'm the first to go tomorrow nervous but ready to get it over with.
Neshie

10 Years Ago

I know you will do amazing sis

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

320 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 16, 2013
Last Updated on December 16, 2013

Author

♋ Iris ♋
♋ Iris ♋

About
MUSE OF SPACE PROSPIT DREAMER Iris is my pen name. My real name is Jessa. I am laid back most of the time. love anime and manga. I am a teenager but I dont know if you can say average. I .. more..

Writing