The Flowers Face

The Flowers Face

A Poem by LoneWolf
"

Lust and love and flowers.

"

Like a boy with a bouquet of flowers I hold more hearts than my hands can bear. Flowers arrayed with outward beauty begging to be taken, no sooner chosen do they wilt over my fingers.  True love seeks the rose with thorns; such a rose cannot be taken by the impulsive and heartless. I would trade these dandy lions for true loves petals, but where to lay the trophies of my poor discernment? The winds of life have blown the vanity away and left me with white unfeeling faces. If only her red countenance would smile upon me again, that perennial gaze of deep rose love.

© 2011 LoneWolf


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

fantastic opening line - you almost dont need the rest of the poem its that strong :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was amazing! Very expressive and portrayed great emotion. Using flowers to describe feeling was unique. I loved this and I love stumbling upon poems that just put a smile on my face. :)

Great write!

~Erinne

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Really expressive use of language. I love the line: but where to lay the trophies of my discernment?

Posted 13 Years Ago


This poem was written differently from other poems that I've read/written, but not in a bad way. I really like the whole topic that you wrote about; what you said was really true. In fact, this whole poem rings with a sort of 'true-ness', which is good. It allows us to relate with the poem we're reading.

My favorite line would have to be 'True love seeks the rose with thorns; such a rose cannot be taken by the impulsive and heartless'. Very well written-- I shall read more of your works.

Thank you for writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


"begging to be taken, no sooner chosen do they wilt over my fingers" love it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow. This is superb. Even though it was written hastily, I feel like it adds to the complex nature of the piece. I would love to see the refined version, though :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is beautifully true. It has an intaresting concept and I enjoyed reading it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wrote hastily, I’ve explored deeper variations of this concept…Perhaps I’ll refine and write more.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

448 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 3, 2011
Last Updated on February 3, 2011