Nanowrimo Participates : Forum : What Is Your Plot?

What Is Your Plot?

14 Years Ago

Right now, I am clueless on mine. I keep trying to think about it, and then give up. I think I have this idea in my head that on October 30th I'll just wake up with some amazing idea in my head. Let's hope that does happen (:
   What's your novel going to be about?

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Well mine is a science fiction. It's about a group of people who are trapped in a spacecraft in space after witnessing the destruction of Earth. The group is facing numerous problem as the ship they're in is not design for long term voyage.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Hmm. . . Sounds interesting. I liked my plot last year (It's in my profile The Chosen One) but it never got finished, and  I don't think I have it in me to restart it.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Restarting your unfinished project is actually a good idea. If you think that the plot don't meet your criteria now, then change it a bit. Keep the themeline the same but change everything else into a better improve version, then voila, you get a new plot. If you don't like the plot, then change it again but this time you pick out the best thing about the plot and scrap the rest. Combine it with the same old themeline without the scrapped things. Then you add new ideas into it. You could do this several time until you get your desired plot. Me myself have to do this process countless time before I arrive with a good, thrilling plot.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Well I like the way I had it, I just kinda stopped for some reason lol I think I'm sorta a sucky writer and it was making me mad.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

*rolls eyes* You're not a sucky writer, Jamie. And I liked your plot idea from last year; it was cool. I like the sound of your plot, too, Divr. I'm all for science fiction :)

Anyway, I finally decided on my plot and posted a summary of it on my NaNo profile. Here's what it says:

WHAT IF YOU WOKE UP WITH NO PAST? After a horrible accident, Benjamin Hayes landed in a year-long coma that cost him an entire life's worth of memories. Strange flashbacks and cryptic remarks made by people he knew leave him longing to discover who he is and what really happened the night he ended up in the hospital. But when you can't remember anyone, how can you know who to trust?

I think it sounds a little cliche, but my surprise ending and Benjamin's past is really what makes the story. I haven't written any chapters yet, but I really ought to start planning. That blank page is just so intimidating, though...

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Surprise ending? Hmmmmm can't wait (: and I still don't know what i'm writting haha i'm such a loser

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Ooo these all sound so exciting! Will you all be putting them up on this site for other's to read? If so, as NaNo starts I'd love to read them all :D
Unfortunately, I have an issue with plots.I have two things in mind and I'm not exactly sure which one I like better.
Idea one is modern day where four high school girls play a mean game of "Truth or Dare" every weekend until eventually it gets them in a ton of trouble that they have to find a way out of (and these aren't regular dares: stuff like breaking an entrance into the crush's house and risking not being caught just to steal a bag of chips from the pantry; telling parent's about unreal pregnancies; all that razz that get into).
As that would be a comedy and more people would read it (high school girls at least) I have an issue with finishing my pieces when they're set for modern day =[ It's tragic.
On the other hand, a completely different plot I had in mind is set back to the renaissance and medieval eras, where a wealthy daughter of a nobleman is in a rather dangerous town, and one night as a man tries to take advantage of her she gets saved by a mysterious masked man whom disappears just after the deed. Then she gets betrothed to the Prince being of age and therefore as she becomes more well known, she becomes the center of attention for lust-sick men and the masked man makes several more appearances to save her from certain situations. (And no, it's not the prince, thanks for asking :p). Well anyway, as time goes on she finds herself falling in love with the masked man and becomes curious as to what's behind it and when other's become aware of his existence he becomes wanted. The main surprise is when you find out who it is :] Kinda cheesy when I put it this way, but you know.
Sigggggh. Plots aren't my friends =[

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Ohhhh I like the highschool idea. Darn, I wish I would have thought about that! Grr, it makes me mad haha. Well I totally still don't have a plot . . . can anyone say "failiure?"