Royal Academy : Forum : Roleplay: CH. 2

Roleplay: CH. 2

7 Years Ago

Narrator: The search for Cass marks the beginning of a new chapter...

Enjoy!

Re: Roleplay: CH. 2

7 Years Ago

Riley:

I sighed. "Fine you can come along. It'll be safer for you if I know where you are." If I didn't let her come with me then she would wait till I was gone and then leave.
"Riley?" I turned around to see my Uncle approaching us.
"Hey! You didn't tell me you were back" I smiled at him.
"When I found out my niece was queen of course I had to come back" Paul appeared suddenly.
"Uncle, you and I will search the woods-"
"I'll go with him" I piped up. Paul frowned and before he could say anything Larissa volunteered to go with Paul. "If anything happens to her-"
"I told you you shouldn't be hating me." He glanced at my Uncle. I narrowed my eyes before leaving.

7 Years Ago

Rissa

I looked at Paul. Something wasn't right. I wasn't getting good vibes from the uncle, and something smelled dark. I meant it. I felt a chill run down my back as the uncle glanced at me before leaving with Riley. 

I turned to Paul, feeling scared. ''Can we stay close to them?''

I hoped he wouldn't freak out by the weird question.

7 Years Ago

Paul:

"Don't worry. I plan on staying close. I don't trust my Uncle considering he was behind the attack. I just can't find the proof..." I looked at her and saw. I saw everything. "Huh. You're a Wolf too. Figures." I started to walk in the same direction as Riley and Larissa jogged to catch up.

Riley:

"What's going on with you and Paul? I thought you two used to be close?" My uncle asked as we walked towards the woods. Of course you had to trust Cass to go to the woods. It was dark now and would be near enough impossible to see. I conjured a small ball of floating light which kept flickering. It just reminded me that Cass' magic was stronger. Cass was strong anyway. I should probably tell her when I found her.
"He's different since he came back..." I turned around at a noise and saw a shadow. "Cass?" I called out. The shadow started walking forward and I pulled a gun out.
"Woah" my uncle seemed surprised i had a weapon on me and would use it with such ease and lack of hesitation.
"That's not Cass." I whispered in response to his unease. "Plus we have been training since the age of 10..." I muttered. It had been my Mothers idea. The shadow stopped when they were visible in the light. "Edward? What are you doing here? I thought you were away with Alessandra... Xavier called her didn't he?" I sighed as he nodded and lowered my gun.

7 Years Ago

Rissa

''You mean the thing with the arrow?'' I asked and narrowed my eyes. ''I have this really strong feeling of distrust. I don't know if it's my heightened intuïtion, or what it is, but it's bad. Really bad.''

I turned to Paul. ''Listen- I need you to do something for me. I'm going to do something Riley wouldn't approve of, which is grab a horse and ride into the town. I'm going to get Daniël. I visited his little brother the other day and he knows Cass very well. I need to go find him. I need you to cover for me. Please?'' I pleaded with him. I really hoped he wouldn't make a fuss. Although Paul seemed easy-going.

Edward

''Yes, Xavier called Alessandra over. Is Queen Cassandra alright?'' I asked, as I saw the fatigue in his eyes. I nodded respectfully to the elder man beside him.

7 Years Ago

Paul:

"The thing with the arrow?" For a moment I was confused. "Oh yeah that thing. Yeah that was him and then I got framed so Riley kinda hates me now." I shrugged. "Riley healed you though didn't he?" She narrowed her eyes. I'd said too much. "My Uncle has been behind a great number of attacks but i cant prove it. Who's Daniel?" I asked trying to change the subject.

Riley:

"We don't really know how Cass is. We kinda lost her." I said to Edward. "This is my Uncle and this is my friend from school..." I trailed off.
"Seems like a nicer chap than that Wolf." Edward looked puzzled and I shot my Uncle a look.
"He doesn't really know anything..." I whispered to my Uncle. I felt sorry for Edward and Alessandra really. They didn't have a clue what had been happening recently, they knew nothing about powers or wolves or dragons. From their point of view everyone else must be acting really weird. "How's things with Alessandra anyway?" I asked as we continued walking.

7 Years Ago

Rissa

I narrowed my eyes at Paul. What did he mean Riley healed me? Deciding not to think about that, I shook my head at him. ''Smooth change of subject. You'll have to teach me that someday. Now, you'll meet Daniel soon enough, but I really have to go find him. He might know more, k?''

Before he could react I took off running towards the stables, where I let Mistral out of her stall. Mistral was a grey palomino which I'd fallen in love with when I came here. She seemed to like me too. I didn't have time to saddle her, so I climbed up on a feed box and swung myself onto her back. 

''Come on, Misty. Let's go do something useful for once.''

Mistral took off and we were galloping towards town.

Edward

I fell into step beside them. ''Would you mind if I came along? Extra pair of eyes and all. Les and I are doing fine, actually. Their kingdom is amazing. What about you and Larissa?''

7 Years Ago

Riley:

"Yeah an extra pair of eyes would help." I continued walking. "Larissa and I are doing okay. She keeps avoiding meeting up with her father though..." I trailed off. This was helpless. The woods were massive and to be honest I had no idea where we actually were. Cass would know, she knew the woodd inside and out. It all looked the same to me. "Did Alessandra say where Xavier was? I thought he'd be looking for Cass..." I climbed over a fallen trunk with ease. My Uncle struggled with his age and I reached down to give Edward a hand. He wasn't as tall as Xavier and I were. He wasn't short either though. I realised wed lost Josh at some point. In fact I don't think he'd even come with us from the castle...

7 Years Ago

Rissa

Mistral galloped through the dark streets, as I tried to keep my balance. Guess those balance lessons came in handy after all. 

''Come on girl, we're nearly there,'' I encouraged Mistral.

Finally we arrived at the house. I slid of Mistral's back and started frantically knocking at the door. When Daniel opened, I nearly sprung at him. 

''You and Cass are pretty close, right? Well, she's missing and we can't find her. It happened after a meeting this morning, and I want to know if there's any place she goes to when she's upset. Do you know?''

7 Years Ago

Edward

''Really? Well, maybe something happened in the past that made her not want to see him. Maybe you should ask her about it. I don't know- girls get sensitive about things like that. How are you making that light thing, anyways? How do you and your sister's powers work? It's always intrigued me.''

7 Years Ago

Daniel:

"That's funny, Josh just asked me the same thing." I opened the door a little more to show Josh standing by my table. He had refused to sit down. He hated me just as much as I hated him. It must have killed him to come to me for help. "I was just about to go and get her, maybe you could babysit instead of Josh..." I could tell he wanted to get as far away from here as possible.

Riley:

"Maybe but I kind of need his blessing. We're pretty traditional around here." I forgot about the light until he mentioned it. Obviously he did know about powers but what else did he know? "I don't really know how it works... other than I say words and stuff happens. Only difference between Cass and I is that she doesn't have to say words... and she can control the weather. I don't even think she means to do it though." The day had started of sunny but now it was pouring with rain and I only had my t-shirt and jeans on. "Most people can learn the basics and can manage small stuff. It's when you have magic in your blood that you can do the big stuff like throwing people across rooms and stuff..." I trailed off.

7 Years Ago

Xavier

I led a squad of castle guard into the dark woods, my blood running fast and hot with worry for Cass. Why did she run off? The anger and fear battled within, begging me to let the wolf loose. I considered it, knowing the wolf could track Cass much easier than anything else.

Moving away from the guard, I slipped deeper into the woods and disrobed. As I let the wolf take over the thick black fur began to push its way through my skin, my bones and muscles twisted and reformed, until I stood on four large clawed paws. I didn't know these woods, but I knew Cass's scent, and I followed that with every ounce of speed the wolf possessed.

Deep into the woods, where they were so thick that the branches overheard nearly cut out all sliver of light, I burst through a thicket of bushes and came upon a small clearing. Cass lay curled up against the one large tree that stood in the center of the clearing. The relief I felt in finding her erupted from my throat in a loud howl. Rissa, I suspected, would at least follow the sound of the wolf cry; and where Rissa went, Riley would surely follow. Approaching the slumbering form of Cass, I nudged her with my snout.

7 Years Ago

Cassandra:

I awoke to something cold pressing against my face. "Just five more minutes" I groaned. It didn't stop. I opened my eyes to see a wolf standing in front of me. Riley's wolf? No... I looked into the wolfs eyes and saw Xavier staring back at me. "What are you doing all the way out here? You should be resting." I was pretty sure he was trying to frown at me. A few minutes later Daniel came bursting into the clearing. He was out of breath and it took him a minute to catch it.
"We should- we should go..." He managed to get out eventually. "At least away from here unless you want everyone to know about this place." The sudden realisation of what I had done hit me. I couldn't run away like I used to. I was a queen now and so there would be a search party. "Josh is somewhere, I managed to lose him for a bit but he's nearby." I groaned and Xavier nudged me to get up.
"Sometimes being queen really sucks." I mumbled as Daniel gave me a hand to get up.
"Here I figured these were yours." He placed a bundle of clothes carefully in front of Xavier. "We'll get a small head start to let you..." He trailed off and we started walking. "Wanna tell me what's going on? The only reason I know for you to run off is because you dont want to be around people when something pretty big has upset you and you want to think about it before consulting someone. Which I've told you is not good for your health." Damn he knew me too well. That was the thing about Daniel. Id always tell him everything and had never been able to give him the silent treatment for longer than 5 minutes. Luckily everyone thought we were just close friends... apart from Josh who had known instantly. "And when am I gonna get my knighthood you promised me or do I have to rescue you some more?" Daniel teased.
"Sucky meeting." I mumbled. My mind went back to where Xavier had choked on his drink at the mention of an heir. Would having a kid really be that bad? Maybe when I was well again...

7 Years Ago

Xavier

It took a minute for the wolf to recede and then I got dressed. I was catching up to Daniel and Cass when I couldn't help but overhear part of their conversation. It bothered me that Daniel knew Cass better than I did, but he'd also had more time with her. Cass and I would get there, it would just take time, and being able to trust each other enough to confide in each other. Obviously there was something bothering Cass that she wasn't confiding in me...maybe not in anybody.

Letting my steps rustle through the brush so that they'd hear my approach, I came up beside Cass.

7 Years Ago

Cassandra:

I felt Xavier approaching behind me and I reached my hand back for his and found it with ease. Daniel looked over at him and continued to waffle away. Eventually we ran into Josh and Riley and my Uncle. There was also someone who it took me a while to recognise. It was Edward. Daniel said he was going to get back to Caleb and gave me a quick hug whilst I was still holding Xaviers hand. Riley then gave me a longer hug. "Riley... I can't- I can't breath..." He let go and mumbled his apology. "Where's Alessandra?" I asked, turning to Xavier. My Uncle shuffled in the corner of my eye and all of a sudden my head was bursting with pain and I saw. I let go of Xaviers hand with a yelp, clutching my head as if that would help. Xavier had me in his arms before I even hit the ground as my mind was bombarded with images of my Uncle.

7 Years Ago

Xavier

Cass collapsed in pain, agony etched across her features as I held her in my arms. "Cassie!" Nearly panicked, I looked up to Riley as I clutched Cass to my chest as she whimpered in agony. Riley knelt next to her and I recognized the same worried fear in his eyes; he didn't know what was wrong either.

With my senses still on heightened alert from my search for Cass, I caught her uncles eyes narrow. He smelt like worry, but not for Cass. Thrusting her into Riley's arms, I jumped to my feet and grabbed hold of her uncle, nearly lifting him off his feet. "What did you do?!"

7 Years Ago

Riley:

Josh sat next to me to check her vitals. "Hey!" I yelled at Xavier as he threatened my Uncle. I gave Cass to Josh and he just about managed to catch her.
"She's not a f*****g game of pass the parcel..." He muttered continuing to check her over.
"What do you think you are doing?" I yelled at Xavier. "He has nothing to do with this." Xavier reluctantly took a few steps back.
"I think I can help her..." My Uncle stammered.
"Stay where you are" Paul stepped into the clearing and pointed a gun at our Uncle.
"Paul! He said he could help-"
"He can't help her. He said that so he could silence her." I narrowed my eyes at him. "Open your eyes Riley! She's having a vision and I'm guessing he triggered it." I glanced at Cass trying not to scream in Josh's arms. Her emerald eyes were clouded over slightly. I saw Edward shuffle uncomfortably at the edge of the clearing, fear was shining in his eyes.
"How do you know it's him?" I still defended.
"Because I've probably had the same vision."
"You have the sight? How come you never told us?"
"Because the sight is dangerous and can get you killed! Why do you think I had to leave?" His eyes never left my Uncle. "And now I have all the proof I need to send you down for treason..."

7 Years Ago

Rissa

I heard Xavier's cry, and every inch of me was begging me to follow the sound. I recognised the tone. He'd found Cass. Sighing in relief, I tried not to focus on wanting to leave, but on Daniel's little brother. I couldn't leave him on his own, there was nobody to look after him. He was watching a cartoon movie with his thumb in his mouth, and he looked really cute and content.

I went to sit next to him on the ground, resting my head on the couch behind. His eyes never left the tv, but his other hand found its way into mine, as if seeking comfort. With a slight smile at his cuteness, I continued watching the movie with the little guy until Daniel would show up.

7 Years Ago

Riley:

"Treason...?" I questioned. "Wait Where's Larissa?" Paul shrugged.
"She went to find some guy in the village." He muttered. Cass groaned slightly as she came back to consciousness. Josh helped her up although she was still a little wobbly. "Yes Treason. " our uncle sighed sarcastically.
"Well I guess I'll have to go to Plan B then." Plan B? What was Plan B? Without warning our Uncle hit Paul in the chest and disarmed him at the same time before knocking Josh out of the way and grabbing Cass and holding the gun to her head. He was quick for an old man. Xavier growled but there was nothing he could do without hurting Cass. She was being used as a human shield. My gun was already out but I could not get a clean shot. "Riley, I have a question for you..." I met his gaze cautiously. "Can you kill a girl who's already dead?" S**t. Paul shot me a glare as if to say 'I told you so.'

7 Years Ago

Rissa

''No problem, he's a really sweet little guy,'' I smiled at Daniel's parents, who were astonished to find me in their home at this hour. 

''I had better go back, though. He's sleeping. I put him in bed as soon as he fell asleep. Hope that's okay.''

After they had assured me they'd forever be grateful, I left, smiling at their sweet nature. Everyone here was so nice. I could get used to living here. I quickly mounted Mistral and galloped in the direction of the woods, where Xavier's howl still resounded in my ears. I followed Riley's scent and soon came to a clearing. I halted Mistral and dismounted, creeping silently up to the group. I know Xavier would probably have smelled me now, but I tried to do it quietly so the others wouldn't notice. 

I tried not to gasp out loud. The uncle I didn't trust was holding Cass at gunpoint! I knew he was creepy and there was something off about him!

Xavier turned as his eyes widened at the sight of me, and I signalled quietly for him to react fast. Before he could do anything, I rushed at the uncle, shifting in mid-form, pushing him down as the gun clattered to the ground and lay still. Xavier reacted as fast as I had wanted him to, catching Cass before she fell to the ground. I stood over him in wolf-form, growling. I snarled every time he tried to get up, until he finally gave up.

First Page first
Previous Page prev