the goblin's place : Forum : somewhere to edit posts withou..

[reply] [quote]

somewhere to edit posts without hassle

8 Years Ago

"...with the forum gone, I will use this thread here to edit new posts upon, till this place in its turn folds too I guess..." smiled the goblin ever resourceful and resilient, then adding "...the point is not what I can write, but what I can reach by writing..." simply it was the inner result he meant, not the end result that other saw of him, sighing "...fame and fortune are for those who would be vain and cheap by it, me I have but one life to write in, so I understand that I have to compromise towards my readers lest they won't return to read me, yet compromise is a two way street where I must find purpose within my anonymity lest old age laughs at me for not using my chance while I had it

[reply] [quote]

Re: somewhere to edit posts without hassle

8 Years Ago

report from elsewhere, goblin doing another welcome

whereupon the goblin showed up and hid the fact that he had on this forum rather a long time by now, saying instead "...so welcome to fictionpost forum where what you write writes you back I guess, where for me at least it's this feedback loop between my coffee my mind and my pen that keeps me at it through the years, but you didn't start reading this to read that I imagine, ah no we need to tend to you welcome first...", as he then drew a circle in the air to reveal a small table with some chairs, where upon the table nestled between the cups and saucers was only the finest filtered coffee and a whole plateload of homemade biscuits too, before the goblin took a cup and handed it Sillysidewinder, saying "...do help yourself now, remember that that book starts from the posts and the plot from those lines therein, for dare I mention forum/venue thread/stage and persona/act to make it clear, but that's the truth of it, why, because more folks read posts than most anything else where your posts then become your ambassador as it were...", the goblin then dunked a biscuit into his coffee, yes the day had started amiably enough he felt, just the question was how it would turn out here

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere

[QUOTE]So, I'm working on creating an online magazine focused on writers and artists. The idea of it is to help get young and emerging writers/artists some credibility in the community. The articles would include writing tips, information of new opportunities, etc. Anyways, I'm interested in the opinions of actual writers. Does this sound like a good idea, like something you would pay to subscribe to or even want to write for? Thanks for your attention.[/QUOTE]

"...doesn't that credibility just come with the keeping at it..." ventured the goblin not in the least discouragingly though, before adding "...and if you then remain unknown after all your efforts wouldn't that somehow indicate that you're probably going about it in the wrong way perhaps, thus instead of trying to get those readers to come towards your book, as you seem to be proposing there, wouldn't it be simpler to hook these readers here into your posts in the manner that they're both willing to read you still, and to remember you by too...", in fact, the goblin's long term goal had always been to create a drip feed of trusted short interactive content offered by known personas, not only himself now, precisely because he had noted that they weren't reading books like they had been, smiling "...so perhaps all this internet here has evolved the passive reader of yesterday into a more substantial active replier of today, something that has in its turn turned the mindset of "one's passive readership" into this a real interactive replyship here...", leaving the question in the goblin's mind of why anyone would still read something by someone who treated them like as if as they were not there like most writers did when and where the gap between the persona and the piece were no longer there for them to do so

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere

[QUOTE]Thanks. I wrote this yesterday, I wonder if I will be able to publish some of this someday.[/QUOTE]

at which point the goblin smiled, starting "...well now, if you're any good those readers will follow you wherever you are, so you don't need to go publish it even, for here is as good a venue as any published ebook place might be, but let's bet this thread gets 10,000 hits between us by christmas between us, and 100,000 hit in three years time...", where of course everyone just thought that the goblin was either joking at this point, or just plain crazy at such an impossible wager, yet the goblin himself who was an old hand at livewriting had no doubt whatsoever that he could pull it off with others contributing, saying "...cart before the horse isn't it, for it's not that which you publish anymore, it's your online persona of which you publish that you must focus upon today, I mean plenty of writers out there already, plenty of ebooks too, but they're blind not seeing themselves upon forumland, so in return no one sees them here neither, hidden behind their book, not part of what they write I mean...", "...mustn't listen to goblins, they always have an agenda don't they..." warned the chorus in the background of xxxxx's mind at this point, but perhaps those warning were growing too late as she started to contemplated their possible readership together of what forumland could offer her and the ease of creating one's persona upon it too

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere

No more forum for you? Uh oh... no more fake writing for the fakest of the all the fakers that ever pretended they belonged in fake town. I'm you're father.... Lets bring the forum back son....

"...no need to bring back the forum HansJizzy, guess it was fun while it lasted though, but I'm still writing here, there I like this place too much it seems..." replied the goblin then adding "...btw, wouldn't "fake" be another name for "virtual" in its way, that too being another word for "fiction" in its way, where if so then your words do me such a compliment indeed, so much so that I really don't know how to thank you even...", where the forum had been had been alive once, much like the goblin's father had been too, but were dead now, being those things that belonged buried in the goblin's past, that couldn't and shouldn't be resurrected again, smiling "...instead invite me to a troll's forum HanJizzy, I could do with their company, though I'm no troll myself as you can see..."

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

test
[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere

kill yourself

"...thank you for leaving a post on my edit thread..." went the goblin's very own [I]answertrolls [/I]machine, continuing "...unfortunately the goblin in question is predisposed at the point and is unable to come to this thread any time soon, however, he promises that as soon as he finishes replying to the intelligent posters elsewhere, he will then make amends by giving your post whatever attention if any it merits, meanwhile though here is some music to keep you company and to help you reflect upon the futility of your existence as a troll..."

[url= Full Dalek Teletubbies Video - Doctor Who 2010      - YouTube[/url]

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere

the goblin for his part was elsewhere again, blurting away to  himself as it were "...when you receive your salary form your work your government comes along and then takes a percentage of it as "income tax", whereas if that same salary then lands in the bank, the bank now takes 2% from it too, the same idea only that they call that "negative interest rates" instead of calling it a tax then...", yet the goblin was looking back further still, back to 1913 in fact, which was when the federal government first introduced income tax in america at 1%, something that seemed negligible at the time before it slowly increase eroded the power those individual states held over to federal government since the government was receiving revenue directly without them, restarting "...so am I wrong in thinking that this is the same slight of hand is in process again, that it's a bank tax that first erodes away then eventually challenges, if not supersedes even, the power of the state by that power of the central bank there...", and just as the goblin knew, he knew too that he was powerless about it's eventuality now

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

"...start anywhere other than the beginning I always say, let the reader catch up with you..." suggested the goblin with a welcoming smile before adding "...besides, it's easier to work backward I guess, where often one can't remember how it all got to be this way, but it's here and now for all one's assumptions...", whereupon the goblin dipped his hand into his pocket to pull out a thermos of coffee, of which he poured some of its contents into the lid before handing it to Al Carty, saying "...drink up, to be honest you are what you aren't here, just a real virtual reality of ever there was one, nothing new about that though, only that we called it by its other name before, that of "fiction" then...", the coffee was sweetly black where the goblin took to drinking directly from the thermos, then he met Al Carty's eyes, smiled again and repeated "...we're lucky really, those young ones might write at their beginnings still, but wouldn't you agree that that "fame and fortune" is for the "vain and cheap", those who'll buy into it there, ah no, we write for this  moment then, this sole moment between us still, where past has gone and future might not come, yes where to begin then, begin in this moment and go a post at a time perahps..."

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere,

[quote] If you didn't have a persona, how would you write? [/quote]

"...odd question really, because [B]whatever one writes is already one's persona by it[/B]..." ventured the goblin, continuing "...just that to others you are this portrayal then, where it's best to think of here as an anonymous masked ball where you remain anonymous throughout, and where even if you were to show me your signed photo, your bank statements, all your other details too down to the very last detail about you now, you'd still be asking me to believe in it though, why, because nothing is really real here, nor really here for that matter, no all that is here are mere words upon a screen in front of you, so no one is here, only that which represents them by way of what is written anonymously is here, ah yes the mask can be a very lifelike indeed, but still it's only mask after all, where the words create a persona of you, dare I say your words personify you in their way, yet they don't make you any more real in this virtual world now..."

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

"...well the readers are not what they were neither, so there's that then..." mentioned the goblin encouragingly enough, before adding "...but anyway, what you need is one of our forum's very own "fidelity cards", where I think I have one spare then, hang on a sec..., ...", as he then rummaged through his pockets, then through a whole wade of cards held together by a think elastic band till "...ah yes, here you go then...", whereupon he held out his hand hoping that she wasn't too taken too aback by his forwardness now, before he add "...bit like your shopping card really, where you just do a post where it generates a hitcount upon someone's viewing, then another post getting more views still and up your hitcount goes by it, then over a certain number of hits you enter the recognition stage, continuing at it and at some point it becomes a following, till finally you've got such a following that they even follow you off the forum to your book...", at which point the goblin held up his hand with the card firmly pinched between his forefinger and his thumb, and wondered if LittlePenBigHeart would reach out and snatch the little card from him, smiling "...you see, I can't help you with that book there, I mean I don't write like you humans do, never could, but just perhaps then, instead I could help you use this card now...", the goblin was motionless, it was all up to her but could she possibly trust him

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere, new,

[QUOTE]What do you enjoy impersonating and why? I like to personify accents. It is easy because I speak few languages. Anyone here like to imitate animals? Like dressing up or sounding like one?[/QUOTE]

"...can't say that I've ever tried to impersonate anything myself..." replied the goblin, looking at the slot now, adding "...so how about you slot, would you like to impersonate someone else then...", "...well, I could try being you goblin but then the readers would get very confused between us if they weren't confused already that is, I mean two goblins upon one post, but then who would there be left to feed the post to, whereas if we were both slots now then nothing would get written at all for being awaiting mouths...", the harlequin narrating as ever hadn't been following though, instead she merely looked across at sunny cold day outside while wondering if her role of narrator here merited a sip of the goblin's coffee as it seemed he was still preoccupied with chatting to the slot and it would be a pity to let such coffee go to waste, where to her at least the line between personification and impersonation blurred somewhat when and where each posters was a personas were concerned, after all one had to ask oneself what was actually here when nothing and no one was actually here, just mere words upon a screen and some fiction created by those words then, and yet there they just were then, all three of them now, where none of them knew the answer to xxxxx's question though, so giving up the slot just swallowed the post down once more noting that someone had finished off their coffee in his absence, but the harlequin wasn't telling now, instead her mime was perfectly pointing with a smile towards the goblin instead thus covering her tracks so to speak even if as a harlequin she never actually spoke though

xxxx

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere

"...yes but what then should we all be posting here if our readers are not reading those books like before, I mean I heard somewhere that it's just 3% of the population that still read books, where more of them read posts by now, short interactive content in one form or another..." replied the goblin, adding "...so surely xxxxx is right then, where the bland posts of most posters here hardly should hardly seem representative of their book writing authors behind them, I mean I'm a dyslexic so as such I should be quite unable to match you humans here, yet because you writers never seem to write in your posts directly those readers click onto my posts instead, but whose fault is that then, not mine between us...", in fact each time the goblin had came across an author breaking ranks writing in their posts with the fluidity of their books, that he simply noted those readers collecting around him by the hitcount, whereupon the goblin smiled "...yes, I'm probably the worst one amongst you now, yet I often wonder if it's only me treating forum readership seriously enough to merit my being here, for neither you, nor I, nor those readers for that matter, ever came here to read about the progress of some of your ebooks written elsewhere, no[b] this place is all about you being read by them directly here[/b]..." meaning that an author will either become known by his posts too, or he'll be left by the wayside as it were for his obstinacy towards something that just seems defacto today,

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere, new, the "why are we here" thread

by now the goblin had somehow guessed why xxxxx was posting with him, in that even if she was supposed to have done all that housework before hubby returned to a nice tidy home, she had actually understood too that in not doing that which one should be doing for that which one wants to do instead, one was simply weighing the true nature of luxury within oneself against that which one had imagined that luxury to be then, "...so are you seeing yourself in others today goblin..." asked the slot suspecting the worst, before the goblin looked back and then interjected, "...well yes I suppose slot, I mean all this does weigh somewhat heavily upon me causing a certain need for further consideration over a cup of coffee before I can fully offer my findings to you before the captain returns some time later...", yet even here in the midst of luxury the clock had that nasty habit of catching one unawares, where the goblin's luxury would then crash into some tarpit of wretched reality mixed in with much guilt as it were, sighing "...yes it's sad how guilt seems ever to lurk in luxury's shadow..."

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere

Groups are for the weak. Meeting people is a natural talent, you either can or cannot. Something tells me you frequent more than just one forum. And, for you, it borderlines between intense hobby and unhealthy obsession. Maybe the forum will make a comeback, it just needed a little tweaking to keep the incessant spammers away for a while. I doubt it though, not much went on there making any hassle it caused not worth the effort. It was 80% spam 19% you talking to yourself and 1% everything else.

"...you guessed it, many forums as it stands, and all those in expectation of my continuation as it were, where yes I was mostly editing through my posts and creating new one's while welcoming anyone who turned up too, meaning the last thing I was was a troll by it..." repeated the goblin who only ever needed two things really, somewhere to edit posts upon and somewhere to post those posts to too, where forums were perfect in their way but most unreliable too, much as seen then, smiling "...well now, if one continues anywhere then clearly one is not weak by it, for while I have no "writing rights" per se, then I guess the group's section will now serve my needs as before, ah no, weakness is a word that only applies to someone who gives up, the rest is just a compromise to the moment as it were..."

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere, the "writing an art of traditions" thread "...well, it's a compromise of sorts goblin where if you want to be read in a certain way then you must write in a certain way too, but then again, if it's like with you where you don't mind not being read then that writing how one likes instead is ever one's option here..." voiced the muse aware that amongst the goblin's trolls circles at least writing like most humans did was a definite [i]no no[/i] now, leading to a suspension then or possibly one's expulsion from troll school, the muse continued "...no like most things then, once you've won over the reader, then whichever way you write is accepted by him as your way of writing, yet if you haven't won over the reader meaning if he doesn't know whether you're works are worth reading goblin, then straying from some given writing norm risks his not reading to the end of the post even, where for example goblin I hope you'll agree with me that the more discerning reader with truly intellectual aspirations won't read this post this far even..." where the goblin was loathed to agree with her now

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere, a writer's forum

[QUOTE]This is making me frustrated because no matter how I write it the same people reviewing it change their minds.[/QUOTE]

"...reviews are false gods, instead it's number of views to your work that becomes your readership without  question..." smiled the goblin as if offering a hug in his way, and then adding "...well if you're a writer then you're going to meet rejection every step on the way, whereas with us livewriters it's flames I guess, mostly from unexpected quarters too, but you simply need to keep asking yourself if all this really is you by what you've written, or if it is something that's not you by that token there, so please, let's be having no more talk of your giving up, for in the end you should write with your readers in mind but it should never just be for them alone...", simply, the goblin saw the readers as a pack of wolves where it was fun to write with them as close up as one could get, yet never close enough to let them devour one through their exceptions, suspecting too that however well it might be written and however well it might be received, that something not true would be as dead to oneself as it would be fake to others, smiling "...so their reviews are false gods, note instead your hitcount and the rest will all figure itself out in the practice of it..."

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere,

"..oh no please admin, no more of all this their irrelevant [i]are you published[/i] doubt about yourself in what is after all just their "closed shop" now..." urged the goblin noting how caring about their rejection was misplaced, then smiling "...and how cheap blind and shallow it all sounds too, that someone who isn't allowed in their "closed shop" actually cares when only 3% of the population still read books anyway, while at any moment you can stop short-changing these readers around you now of your evident writing talent, no wouldn't you say that forumland is like you first looking at your pen and then seeing a vast sea of forum replyship a mere slot's distance away from you here, so ignore that "are you published" question then, when [b]to post is to publish[/b], together with their "closed shop" fake qualification too, when the qualification you need is "are you ready yet" isn't it..."

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

"...welcome andy, think of me a friend of whom you converse with whenever with whatever too..." smiled the goblin hoping andy was not averse to chatting with goblins though, then restarting "...writing is a bit like painting, where there's the right way to write and where there's also your way too, so don't worry about if it's the right way now, worry more about whether it's truly you to your pen there...", and with the goblin looked down and felt a bit of red welcoming carpet wedged between his toes again, relating "...no I never understand why you humans use red carpets in your welcomes anyway, I mean first off it's the wrong colour where everyone knows "red" means stop and "green" means go, so let's ask moddy here if we can have fictionpost's red welcoming carpet changed to a green one, green like in a traffic light that is...", at which point the goblin wondered if andy was still following before smiling to the words "...your posts are your ambassadors now, so welcome to our forum, no your forum now I mean..."

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere

I'm done with you until you show me you aren't a one trick pony, that you can actually write something of worth instead of the uncreative 'polite trolling' non sense. If you have nothing to offer outside of your gimmick and ill informed political cable news commentary, kindly fug off. I have no interest in vanity driven faux intellectuals. You have shown me ZERO depth of intellect, not even once in any of your posts. I know quite a bit about what you do. You're basically a parrot with a vocabulary looking for a fan club. The third person writing is literally the most original thing about you... too bad that's not actually OG. I'm trying to see if there is anything else in you. It's starting to seem like there isn't.

"...fair enough, I've just linked another thread where there are only 452posts with 240358views, where I can link yet other threads too but as a livewriter this is my style as you see..." smiled the goblin then adding "...life is not twice so simply whether one's posts are good bad or just plain whatever, doesn't really matter though does it, not to someone anonymous like myself here, so why do still write then, because those readers encourage me to chase an uncatchable creature within, they want me to see it, to describe it, to corner it in these words here only to watch me fail once more, where those repetitions you mention are inevitable, and where intellectualizations are like another man's wife to me, pass then, so I'll let you play your petty conjecture queen still, whereas me I'll just continue writing here instead...", where if anything then the goblin simply found writing conducive to his thoughts over a coffee, years came and went, posters too, but nothing really changed about what he did

First Page first
Previous Page prev