What Kind of World

What Kind of World

A Poem by Reuben Porter
"

Another one of my political views. I may only be 16, but I do have some views on the world.

"

What kind of world is this, where people leave their homes in fear of what might become of them? Where people fear to watch the new for fear of what they’ll see? For fear that they will see a flag draped over the coffin of their neighbour, friend, or kin.

What kind of world is this, that’s full of constant war? Where soldiers kill their fellow man and turn peaceful lands of beauty into blazing battlefields? Where these Hell forsaken wars take place, no more than execution grounds stained with blood and empty rounds.

What kind of world is this, where our leaders lie and steal? Where our leaders lie so much, they forget how much is truth? The squander our hard-earned money, on pools and private yachts, they lie and cheat us everyday, knowing the price they’ll never pay.

© 2008 Reuben Porter


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

the word is a hard place to understand , excellent work yet again

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
1 Review
Added on February 6, 2008
Last Updated on March 25, 2008

Author

Reuben Porter
Reuben Porter

Bay Roberts, Newfoundland, Canada



About
I was born in Toronto, Ontario and moved to Newfoundland when I was six weeks old, I have never lived anywhere else other than Toronto for one summer and Grande Prairie, Alberta for another summer. I .. more..

Writing
Free Free

A Poem by Reuben Porter


Glass Glass

A Poem by Reuben Porter